XL700 arrived

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I'm on the night shift, and got up for work last night about 9:30, and there was a big box sitting in the middle of the dining room table. Yep, it was the 700. It looks to be in very good shape and is as it was described. The Air cleaner cover is missing, but it looks like the one from an XL12 might fit. There's one screw missing on the starter side plate, and oddly, all 4 screws are missing out of the top of the carb. I've got every thing to fix it cosmetically. The thing that really made me smile is the chrome muffler. The surface is really nice and will buff easy. I'm feelin a little beat today so I'm gonna turn in. I'll check the P/C through the exhast port tomorrow and put all the missing screws in and if every thing looks good I'll prime it and see if it fires. I'll get pics up tomorrow too, Joe.

Got home and cleaned her up a little more, put in the missing screws, and got impatient. Put a shot of mix in the carb and she sputtered a little. Put an other shot in and put the trigger lock on and she fired up and sounded real good. Compression is a little easier on my elbow than the 1050. I think this is gonna be a nice runner and I think I'm gonna like it. Sorry about the pics, I can't find my camera, as soon as I locate it I'll post, Joe.

Latest posts

Back