Ya' can't kick free!... Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will be surprised how that firebox will perform compared to your old hunk of steel box. If you are going to reduce the chance of lowering the temperature of the firebox too much, a fan/limit control will help keep the blower from running when the plenum drops too low in temperature. I'm curious to see how it works out.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm using now.
I have a limit switch in the plenum to start and stop the blower... when plenum air gets so hot the (gas furnace) blower starts, if the plenum air cools to a certain point the blower stops. I don't know the exact air temperature that starts/stops the blower, but it's on an adjustable "dial" so I can fine tune it as needed. If the heating demand requires the gas furnace to fire-up the wood furnace blower control is overridden. Been doing it that way for some number of years now.

I see, series then? Good luck, hope it works well. I wanted to modify our old furnace, but decided to buy something that I wanted. Glad I did, when your done you will have the only woodfurnace with a brass door, lol.

Our furnace has a ceramic glass door that comes standard, just not the brass trim. Its nice not having to touch the furnace to see where the fire is. Puts out quite a nice light show. My avatar is a pic of our furnace burning through the glass.

I think you will really like that stove!I have been using a Pacific Energy just like it for 12 or 13 years now and I just love it.The ash door works just fine for me ---- after dumping ashes , just flip the door hard several times to knock off any ashes that stick,then close it and rake fine ashes over the top of the flap and it seals great.I am heating approx. 2000 s.f. and it keeps us very toasty.The secondary burn system works well and seems to burn efficiently,it doesnt use a lot of wood.I am not sure how important it is , but there is a gasket that fits on the stainless baffle air inlet that seems to get destroyed every time I remove the baffle.They are quite inexpensive and I usually order from a PE dealer locally that is far less expensive than direct from the manufacturer.I can get you info if interested. GOOD LUCK on the project!

Ron

Latest posts

Back