Yesterday's Job Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AustinPSD

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Some photos from yesterday's job, fairly typical of the work I do in the park I work for...

There are four large live oak trees in this area, the two single-trunk and one double-trunk tree visible in the first photo, and a larger live oak out of frame. These trees died from oak wilt, and have been sectioned/limbed from the top down by use of a 40' towable lift and a combination of MS-361 and 011AVT using 16" and 14" bars respectively. The sectioned limbs were all bucked and cleaned up the day prior to the major felling activity.

The shot sequence consists of the felling of one of the trees, all are approximately 30" - 32" above the root flare, about 83" or so in circumference. The one in these shots is 32" at the root flare, where we are leaving the stump.

The felling operation was performed with the my MS 361, a 28" bar, and full-skip chisel chain.

Because these trees are close to adjacent property and structures, I elected to rig them with tag lines to better guarantee and control the felling direction.

The first shot in the sequence is placement of the tag-line rigging.

attachment.php

The second shot shows my helper ready, and maintaining slight tension on the tag-line while I complete the back-cut.

attachment.php

The third three-frame sequence shows the tree falling - a hinge of about 2 1/2" was used on a conventional notch, and the tree was felled with a slight tug on both of the tag-lines.

attachment.php

The last shot is the bucking operation in progress.

attachment.php

A good day was had by all...

Back