Yet another woodshed thread!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirbuildalot

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am just finishing up my woodshed build. 24' x 6', back is 6'6", front is 8'. Should hold 6 cords with three 20" rows 6'6" high. The plan is to empty it every October-November to burn, and re-fill it right away for the next season. Ended up costing approx. $600 total.

Roof is papered, still have to apply the drip edge and shingles.

The flooring I got for free. Old mahogany deck boards. Cross braces will come off.

I've got several cords of logs I need to buck and split so I can fill it.

I have my 6 cords stacked in another area for this season. I will be bringing it in the cellar soon.

I'd probably leave the cross bracing as well. Just cuz.

Looks nice at any rate.

Or just brace corners top and bottom to stop any front to back, wind racking. That is a great design, NICE.

Looks very nice. I have been contemplating building a wood structure like yours or go with a metal carport. A wood structure I can build myself. Metal carports are priced with installation included so no need to build anything.
After pricing materials vs. a metal carport is about the same. There are pro's and con's to both I guess.
Your shed looks go though. I like it.

I will be using architectural shingles of the dark brown variety. Its about a 3/12 pitch, which is the lowest I would use shingles on, and most shingle manufacturers wont warranty anything less than a 3/12.

Back