You burnin one tonight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boyland

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
:rockn:

Thought that sounded funny.

Got very cold here tonight.

Better there are a lot of first time burners tonight.

Been burning on and off most of October and November so far. Warmed up to 60F today, but it'll be 33 tonight.

Yup, cottonwood and silver maple.

Trying to save the birch and oak for later on, probably won't have enough. I might have to buy a cord or two, its the first year with the insert and we're not properly stocked (maybe 2 1/2 cords) and on top of that i hurt my back this past spring and didn't cut a damn thing all summer. I've got alot of cutting to do this winter.

Well - I think it was 28 outside when we got home - "up north" it was 17 this morning w/snow flurries. Yup - we are burning.

Our "Up North" son was nice - he bumped up his oil furnace from 62 to 68 just because we were visiting. :)

68 is too cold for these old bones...

Shari

When I got up this morning at 5am it was 60F. Now temp is below freezing. Just fired up the woodstove to enjoy the extra heat.

Started last night, only the sixth fire for the season.

All the bug dried wood, cutoffs, non stackable, non saleable, non tradable.

December we'll have to load the basement with the high btu woods.

The five year old barkless black locust should be a good seller and keep our place plenty warm as well.

I've been burning one for a good 3 solid weeks now.

Been getting rid of all the poplar and light stuff on the warm days and nights, right now the box is loaded with locust.

been burning since the first of oct. and 1 row down out of 9 put up for this winters heating season... rows are 5 feet high and 12 feet long by 16 inch thick... mixture of red/white oak, jack pine with a little maple temps tonight are cool (16degs)... cant wait till real winter sets in for a little ice fishing!! keep warm !!!!!!!!!!

Had a high temp of 9 today, supposed to be -14 tonite. Yes we have a fire in the stove, have had for a month or so.

You can't burn just one!

Nope I am burning several. If you can get one to burn on its own you are a better man than I. I have found that you always have to have at least one "burn buddy" to get things to work.

Currently burning some nice elm and the burr oak trash that I didn't want to restack in the wood shed.

Don

been burning manitoba and silver maple for over a month but tonight i put some hard maple in for the first time to make it through the night.

Mixed a bit of Cherry in with the Sassafrass late this afternoon.
Finally got chilly enough to justify plugging in the oil heater on the tractor.

You guys out west hunker down and hang on.
Looks like ya got a nasty one to deal with for a bit.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Been burning for the past few weeks but got serious the past couple of nights. It was 18 last night and it's down to 15 already tonight, which is a new record low for us for this early in the year. Nice seasoned fir keeps the house in the low 70's though, giving the old Fisher a workout!

53F here. Warmer than avarage, but it's time to burn!
I bet that's peanuts for you guys. I guess I'll never understand how 50F could not be considered cold until I experience a humid continental winter.
We've been burning every few days since the begining of November.

400F in stove :)
Cypress, Pines and a touch of Citrus:

0F in North Idaho right now and the main floor of the house is 85 as the stove temp just peaked before I turned it down. Opened the garage and washroom to warm them up for the night so things don't freeze.

Mixed a bit of Cherry in with the Sassafrass late this afternoon.
Finally got chilly enough to justify plugging in the oil heater on the tractor.

You guys out west hunker down and hang on.
Looks like ya got a nasty one to deal with for a bit.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Supposed to be wet and sh$$$y today, depending on when it goes from freezin rain to snow, could have 1-12" of white crap. It was cold enough this morning (+8F) to find some oak to throw in the stove. It's been burning off and on since about the first of October. I've gone through a cord of junk wood already. What the heck are yall waiting for? Fire it up already!

Goanin, I lived in south Georgia for 3 years, and it was similar to your climate. If it was below 60F, the world was ending. Few wood burners down that way for some reason too.

Will Burn Tonight

I've been using my stove since mid October. Gonna burn tonight for sure and through the week because a front is due in today and predictions are for nights down in the 20's.

Nosmo

Back