You thought CAD was bad?!?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see a few Olivers in there. My dad and I have been collecting em for several years now. I'll have to get some pics soon. Of coarse ours aren't quit the museum condition of your friends. More in the user shape. It's been awhile since we've counted, but I believe dad is near 115 full size, all Oliver. TAD...just a touch.

Nice to see a few Olivers in there. My dad and I have been collecting em for several years now. I'll have to get some pics soon. Of coarse ours aren't quit the museum condition of your friends. More in the user shape. It's been awhile since we've counted, but I believe dad is near 115 full size, all Oliver. TAD...just a touch.

Dang, no wonder I never see Oliver tractors. Seems like 90% of all the Olivers in the world are owned by 3 people...

I don't have TAD. I only have three tractors...

I am partial to Olivers myself and have owned at least 40 (with half of those being Oliver/Cletrac crawlers). I also branched into Cockshutts for a while and still have a 20, 30, 35, 40 Deluxe and 50. Nothing like that smooth Oliver 6 cylinder power.

AAD, my boss has that, airplane acquisition disorder. He finds me accumulating cheap chainsaws ..err...amusing I guess.

I went around and inventoried last year, he has 21 outside, whole planes or enough parts to make them, and I think three planes inside the shop hangar, his special babies.

What kind of planes does he have? Not that we need any more around here...

I am partial to Olivers myself and have owned at least 40 (with half of those being Oliver/Cletrac crawlers). I also branched into Cockshutts for a while and still have a 20, 30, 35, 40 Deluxe and 50. Nothing like that smooth Oliver 6 cylinder power.

AMEN brother!! Smoother than a singer sewing machine!

the garden tractor at the farm, grandma wanted this cherry tree gone from her front lawn so grab the lawn tractor choke up the tree and yank it out lol and it gets used as a garden tractor lol not really a tractor but still cool it is.
DSCF0387.jpg
the things she does with these two machines. she didnt want to use quad ramps to load her craftsmen ridem mower, so she cleared out a spot on a slope with the dozer, grabbed some blue crush down at the shale pit with the mf, took some railway ties, put it into hill, filled them up with crush, and there a landing/ loading ramp for her mower, she backs up her 24v cummins (chipped) long box and loads up her mower. nope shes not redneck lol

good ol mf, doesn't see as much use as the cat, but she gets worked too
DSCF0734.jpg

I'll have to take and post some pics of my Gravely. Here are a couple of my "good ole Yankee ingenuity" 1930 Model AA Ford doodlebug tractor.

100_0228.jpg

100_0224.jpg

100_0229.jpg

100_0230.jpg

I should have known all you guys suffer from TAD too, I haven't been on here much lately cause I've been stricken with the simplicity and wheel horse bug.

I should have known all you guys suffer from TAD too, I haven't been on here much lately cause I've been stricken with the simplicity and wheel horse bug.

Them Wheel Horses will get ya. I'm currently restoring my 400. I love the round hoods. Had a 854 and 551 also.
What model do you have?

Funny how this TAD and CAD go together. I have posted this pic before but I sure find the old Bolens fun. I use a JD for mowing but am looking closely at a zero turn Snapper to help it.

P1010885.jpg

Al.

I just acquired a Case 222.......

I hope I can keep the TAD at bay. :msp_unsure:

Good luck with that! :msp_rolleyes:

Pics or it didn't happen!

I forgot about this thread. I still have to take some pics of my Gravely. :msp_smile:

Case222.jpg

Mine ain't too pretty.......... :msp_unsure:

Forget it, you're doomed... The CASE line is highly addictive.

It started out simply enough... I just needed a little loader to move some dirt... Next thing I know I'm driving to Vermont from Jersey to pick up my 646BH... That should have been enough...
Then, I noticed a 444 on Craigslist, and well the price was so low, I could just resell the tiller and recoup the cost... Somehow I still have the tiller, and now the blower, and trailer, and I made a 3pt post hole digger for it... Still looking for a bottom feeder splitter for it... Having the hydraulics setup like they do on the CASE/Ingersoll line is real hard to beat...

Fortunately, I'm out of room for TAD in this state...

Now that you got your 222, you really need a high wheel 400 series to compliment it, and that will just lead to a 600 series loader...

IMG_4039Medium.jpg

100_1415Medium.jpg

I've got three tractors... one is a little Wheel Horse Rancher lawn tractor that still sits needing TLC, but the other two are JD 317 garden tractors. Use them quite often to do work around the house.

Here's one 317... the old Kohler threw a rod... after much thinking, pops decided to bite the bullet and order up the Vanguard conversion. I installed that and this is what we ended up with. It'll pull anything we need it to. Trailer full of firewood split and stacked into it, empty but heavy 3000 pound tandem axle trailer, whatever. It is used for mowing more than anything else, we use the other 317 to haul stuff around most of the time.

attachment.php

Now she's got 33 hours on her. I installed the engine late fall last year. Runs way smoother and has a lot more power and torque than the old Kohler did, under load and while idling. Gonna rebuild the Kohler someday and just set it aside for the day it needs to be brought back to factory looks.

Them Wheel Horses will get ya. I'm currently restoring my 400. I love the round hoods. Had a 854 and 551 also.
What model do you have?

Ed, I wish I had a early one like yours. My BIL has three early ones, mine is a later crappy 212 from the 80's. I bought it just to say " I gotta Wheel Horse too". My simplicity is older I think its a 4211. I kinda think a Gravely is going to be next. My wife is gonna kill me soon. Luckily I slimmed the saw collection down to 9 I think. Oh yeah I have a Ancient Bunton walk behind mower. This thing has gotta be from the early 70's, metal fuel tank, Newer Kawi motor on it though. How have you been?

Latest posts

Back