You thought the leaden winter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
would bring you down forever
But you rode upon a steamer
to the violence of the sun

mapleoverwire004.jpg

And the colors of the sea
find you eyes with with trembling mermaids
And you touch the distant beaches
with tales of brave Ulysess
How his naked ears were tortured
By the sirens sweetly singing
For the sparkling waves are calling you
to kiss their white laced lips

mapleoverwire005.jpg

And you see a girls brown body
Dancing through the torquoirse
And her footprints make you follow
Where the sky loves the sea
And when your fingers find her
She drowns you in her body
Carving deep blue ripples
In the tissues of your mind

mapleoverwire006.jpg

Her name is Aphrodite
And she rides a crimson shell
And you want to take her with you
To the heartland on the winter
But with tales of brave Ulyesess
how he naked ears were tortured
By the siren sweetly singing

Tiny purple fishes dude!:dizzy:

Well I was only able to snap a few pics of this gem of a silver. First real stick of the year for me.
I have been doing mostly things by myself like putting a few of these in the ground for a client

mapleoverwire003.jpg

And some other stuff like fall overs, smaller Td's, and this dam spring clean up I have been working on which I hope to finish tommorow/

The silver came down OK. We were close to the wire. I had the guys lock of teh porty's when I cut until everything came to rest so the wouldn't be holding the rope if the branches made contact.
My spikes were dull and I hit a lot of metal up high with the 26 which killed it. I thought we were going to be pruning so I didn't pack the 44 which I said to myself , " Self, you should take it anyway" but I didn't listen but someone showed up with fresh chains and I was able to crush with confidence again.

the client with the norways wants few more so I will get some pics of that stuff next week. When I showed up to put them in the ground he asked where my crew was I said, " yer looking at it" and climbed up a maple to make room in the planting area.
I don't do a lot of spring clean ups and leaves but there was so much storm damage I took the job anyway. I had filled my twuck the first day with chips. I had to cut, drag AND chip it all by my little self. I had downloaded some Cream on the Ipod and have been waiting to freak you guys out all week.
And Hell, If I would have known we were going to be chopping down that silver today not only would I have packed the 44 but brought the dam Dingo as well!

nice! got to love them sliver maples.

I always thought a maple will come down easy, its just the way they are put together. Just an easy tree to dissassemble usually and they hinge and react pretty well. This one wasn't so bad but I am terrified of those wires.
It was a monday, first day with a new company and my spikes were dull as all get out. There were a couple of low placed cables installed with deadends which I was able to undo easily enough but the thought of them whipping around close to that wire gave me a shiver or two.
You know how you are supposed to install cable 2/3 up? These were 2/3 down and with those crappy deadends it was a joke. I didn't hit any of the lags with the saw but some little screw thing in 20 inch diameter screwed up the 26 pretty good.

BTW, I am paying 12 bucks a foot for them there norway, balled and burlapped, fresh dug and the drive isn't to bad either.

BTW, I am paying 12 bucks a foot for them there norway, balled and burlapped, fresh dug and the drive isn't to bad either.

mapleoverwire003.jpg

Thats a nice looking norway, you getting them there 15 footers?

I really dig a good silver TD as well. Especially the monster's. You can usually find a great TIP and just go to town all over the tree. That one there don't look like much fun though, Dano.

Back