Your choice 2171 or 2172

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2171 or 2172

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MacLaren

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Quite simple, if you had your choice which would you buy; the 2171 or the 2172? And by all means, please feel free to elaborate on your position.
As always, Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it guys!!:)

As of now, Im leaning towards the 2172. I really like that it has 5.6 hp. I also think that it will be a fine saw, and I kinda would like to have a strato. I had a 575 but never fueled it and its now on its way to California, so I never really got to run it. Plus, a new Jonsered...Thats pretty much all good in my book.:rocker:

As of now, Im leaning towards the 2172. I really like that it has 5.6 hp. I also think that it will be a fine saw, and I kinda would like to have a strato. I had a 575 but never fueled it and its now on its way to California, so I never really got to run it. Plus, a new Jonsered...Thats pretty much all good in my book.:rocker:

You forgot about the added weight, and more max power doesn't always show in actual performance.....:cheers:

You forgot about the added weight, and more max power doesn't always show in actual performance.....:cheers:

True. But I was actually going by your own report that the findings of actual power were somewhere in between the 2171 and the 372 xpw.:)

Last edited:
Can I vote twice?

:)
2171, tried and true.
2172, new school, old school design mostly.

IDK how you can go wrong. New saw will have a warranty for a little while anyways

Can I vote twice?

:)
2171, tried and true.
2172, new school, old school design mostly.

IDK how you can go wrong. New saw will have a warranty for a little while anyways

Thank you sir. I was leaning towards the '72, but you just pushed me back towards the '71. lol.:)

Pretty sure Spike said the top ends will interchange. So if there was ever a failure, a top end shouldnt be a problem though.

And that 2172 is just so new and shiney :)

Pretty sure Spike said the top ends will interchange. So if there was ever a failure, a top end shouldnt be a problem though.

And that 2172 is just so new and shiney :)

Cool. Thanks man, and have fun for me tomorrow. Dang, I so wish I could be there!

I wouldn't get either if I had a 372 XPW.

But you got the cad pretty bad, so just get both :biggrinbounce2:

I know right!? .....I went with a 2188!! Lol!!
No, seriously I thought it would be neat to have one if the 2171 before they went to strato like husky. (Not to say anything is wrong with strato's) but I git over it! Lol

I wouldn't get either if I had a 372 XPW.

But you got the cad pretty bad, so just get both :biggrinbounce2:

Don, You dont hink my level of CAD is that bad do ya. I sold 3 saws to kinda make it happen...LOL!!:food:

Back