Your Opinion: ebay bucket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A very nice rig-I'd love to own it but......you can get more bucket for less$$. 42 feet of working height could be useful but far behind the capabilities of a 55ft WH.

42' is way too small for treework unless the only thing you're doing is raising the canopy over streets. My Altec 51' (to the bottom of the bucket) is too short lots of times.

my 57' highranger sits on a 7.5' pedestal and its too short alot of times

It seems to me that no matter what size the bucket, you could always use 10 more feet. I think it's a waste of money for a tree truck!
Just my thoughts though,.

4*4 Bucket Truck for sale

1994 Intrnl 4*4 with outriggers(4)

DSL 102k miles

58-60ft. Alltec w/jib 2000 lbs. Boom over center.

This truck will not rock and scare the ????? out of you.

Auotmatic, Pintle hitch, storage bins w/locks

Tires have less than 2000 miles - completely serviced -

I bought truck for storm work.

33K.

Coming out of texas, I may be concerned about getting a hurricane remenant truck, that being in the hurricane zone as the cane came in. Ie: flood damage.

On the flip side, Ive used a similar type truck and didnt care for it although I think its boom was different. As for height, I too have used a 42' WH and it came in real handy alot of times. Many yards that a 55+ wouldnt fit into or under trees that a 55 wouldnt fold out.

noob, you asked for opinions. mine: too much money for not enough truck
-Ralph

Do you have a CDL license? That's something to consider also, most of us who know will tell you that the best suited bucket trucks for treework are also big enough to require a Class B CDL. Air brakes are stronger and less expensive to maintain than hydraulic brakes, so you're also looking at an air brake endorsement. If you're serious about buying a bucket, come on by and I'll give you a walk-through on mine and point out a few things you should look for. You can PM or email me through my profile here, I'm near Hwy 436 and 17-92.

Back