Zama Carb primer (Off topic)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sloch24

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I just cleaned up a Stihl blower with a zama carb and primer bulb. The primer bulb mounts on a plastic housing that acts as the cover for the diaphragm. When I took it apart, the bulb would pump gas. I'm wondering if my carb cleaner screwed it up, but now it's totally air locked. It won't pump anything. The blower runs fine without it, I'm sure that you have to pull a few more times, but are these repairable or replaceable without buying the whole carb?

I know that the bulbs can be bought (this one has a small hole in it and needs replaced), but I might need the whole primer body..

Any help?! Suggstions?!

Make sure your fuel lines are hooked up properly i've done the same thing before on a trimmer and the bulb would not prime the carb. I switch the lines around and it worked fine.

Make sure your fuel lines are hooked up properly i've done the same thing before on a trimmer and the bulb would not prime the carb. I switch the lines around and it worked fine.

Yup.. they're hooked up right.. I even took the primer assy back off the saw, and it still won't breathe.... I dun did sumptin' wrong! :)

Yup.. they're hooked up right.. I even took the primer assy back off the saw, and it still won't breathe.... I dun did sumptin' wrong! :)

I have the same problem with an echo blower that my dads buddy gave to me to fix. even without the lines, the primer wont budge, its weird. I did the same as you took it apart, cleaned it and put back together.

I plan on keeping this one for myself, so I guess it's not a big deal... But I would like to know if that primer module is repairable...

I'm guessing that I melted something inside of it with carb cleaner.

Got any pics of the guts in this thing? Is there a rubber plug type piece in the centre under the bulb that has a hole in the centre? If so its removable to clean, sometimes i use a small wire from a wire brush to poke through small carb holes even after using cleaner.

Got any pics of the guts in this thing? Is there a rubber plug type piece in the centre under the bulb that has a hole in the centre? If so its removable to clean, sometimes i use a small wire from a wire brush to poke through small carb holes even after using cleaner.

Yup, there's a little rubber plug.. I wasn't sure if it was rubber because it felt hard like plastic. I didn't know if that was some sort of one way valve, so I didn't mess with it. I'll have to look into it further.

It runs great the way it is... I don't mind pulling a few more times to get it started, but I like things to be right..

I just cleaned up a Stihl blower with a zama carb and primer bulb. The primer bulb mounts on a plastic housing that acts as the cover for the diaphragm. When I took it apart, the bulb would pump gas. I'm wondering if my carb cleaner screwed it up, but now it's totally air locked. It won't pump anything. The blower runs fine without it, I'm sure that you have to pull a few more times, but are these repairable or replaceable without buying the whole carb?

I know that the bulbs can be bought (this one has a small hole in it and needs replaced), but I might need the whole primer body..

Any help?! Suggstions?!

zama primer bulb part # is a 0057004 which almost any online dealer will have or in your area

i know i sell them primer bulbs alot here lately

Latest posts

Back