Zama carb S105 719A

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff J Greilich

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello Carb Experts,

I have a brush cutter (Stihl FS 85), that has a Zama carb. I'm looking to buy a rebuild kit for it, and I think this is what is says on the outside S105 719A. Can someone tell me what carb this is, and which rebuild kit to buy? If you are a reseller of these kits, I'll buy one from you.

Thanks,
Jeff

You may have a C1Q-S105 carburetor. This carburetor was originally not used on the FS 85, maybe someone swapped carburetors. The C1Q-S105 belongs to the HS 81, 86. The rebuilt kit for this carburetor would be the Zama RB-99. Are you sure it is a C1Q-S105?

Otherwise the carburetor HarleyT mentioned should be a good alternative.

You may have a C1Q-S105 carburetor. This carburetor was originally not used on the FS 85, maybe someone swapped carburetors. The C1Q-S105 belongs to the HS 81, 86. The rebuilt kit for this carburetor would be the Zama RB-99. Are you sure it is a C1Q-S105?

Otherwise the carburetor HarleyT mentioned should be a good alternative.

Interesting!!! I just bought this trimmer used, and I think you are right, I think it may be a different carburetor. The carburetor on my unit has a choke knob on the opposite side. The FS 85 had a choke on the air filter cover, and it cut off air to the carb at the air filter. I just bought another air filter cover for this, with the orange choke lever on it.

Assuming this is a different carburetor on my fs85, would we agree it is probably the Zama RB-99? Thanks everyone, it is great to be able to come here to get questions answered.

Thanks,
Jeff

Latest posts

Back