Zama Carb Screwdriver

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sloch24

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get the best deal on one? From what i read, they're not available from the dealer to consumers. (Damn EPA!) :)

I got that little Poulan Pro Pole Pruner back together this morning. I didn't see a damn thing wrong with it, so I put it back together. I tested the compression again just 'cause I was curious. It only made about 78 PSI.

Just for giggles, I poured a little gas mix down the carb, and the damn thing roared to life! It's got to be the worst small engine I've ever had in my hands. I don't think I could use it for much longer than 15 minutes or my arms would be completely numb from vibration! This thing is brand new, only used it for about 1/2 hour and he couldn't get it started. I originally thought with that low of compression the piston was shot, but I pulled it apart, and everything looked new. Whatever, I just want to adjust the carb and give it back to the guy. If it won't adjust, I'll have to pull it apart and clean it.

I also read somewhere that a blue butt splice works for adjusting these things when held on the end of a pair of vise grips. Maybe I'll do that before spending the $$$ on a tool I may never use again.

Does Stihl use those funky splined carb adjusting screws on anything?

The splined carb tool is Poulan part # 530-035560.Somebody should have them in stock. Try Googling the number and see what turns up.
(Most on here go with the electrical connector trick.)

The splined carb tool is Poulan part # 530-035560.Somebody should have them in stock. Try Googling the number and see what turns up.
(Most on here go with the electrical connector trick.)

Yeah, I'm thinking about doing the same thing... I don't own anything with that goofy carb on it, so I'll probably just use the butt splice and be done with it.

Thanks for the part number.. I searched a little bit and found a AYP tool, and there's always Ebay... I guess I was just looking for a steal on it. :)

i would pull the carb and cut a slot with a dremel or coping saw blade so that i could adjust it with a flat screwdriver.

I thought about that, but they're actually recessed into the casting. You would have to pull the adjusting screws first, then make the slot, then put them back in. They've thought of everything.. :)

a hacksaw is your friend

I was messing around with a friends Homelite blower. Obviously it was a throw away because it doesn't even have an air filter:dizzy:

Anyway, the mixture screws were recessed in the carb body, or more acurately the casting of the carb was up to the level of the mixture screws. The screws themselves were sort of a "D" shape.

I ended up cutting a slot across both the screws and the casting with an air hack saw. Adjustment was no problem and you now have a handy reference mark for tuning. Now what about the air cleaner...

I was messing around with a friends Homelite blower. Obviously it was a throw away because it doesn't even have an air filter:dizzy:

Anyway, the mixture screws were recessed in the carb body, or more acurately the casting of the carb was up to the level of the mixture screws. The screws themselves were sort of a "D" shape.

I ended up cutting a slot across both the screws and the casting with an air hack saw. Adjustment was no problem and you now have a handy reference mark for tuning. Now what about the air cleaner...

That's a damn fine idea... Probably the same carb. There's a collar cast up around the mixture screws. It doesn't serve any purpose except maybe to guide the adjustment tool onto the screws...

If it were mine and I knew I'd be working on it again, I'd definitely do that. I'll have to put that little nugget away for later! :)

That's a damn fine idea... Probably the same carb. There's a collar cast up around the mixture screws. It doesn't serve any purpose except maybe to guide the adjustment tool onto the screws...

If it were mine and I knew I'd be working on it again, I'd definitely do that. I'll have to put that little nugget away for later! :)

I think the purpose it serves is to prevent you from getting some kind of pliers on the screws and turning them.

EPA must think that a poor running leaf blower, run for six hours and blown up in 20, will create less emissions than a good running leaf blower, doing the same amount of work in three. My friend was running the leaf blower, since it was new, with the choke on. It was the only way it would run.

Where's the common sense? I guess that would be asking too much from gub'mint agencies.

ms200t carb trouble.....I think?

stihl ms 2000t.... WTF?!!! 2 carburetors still will not idle. When it does run i have to constantly tap the throttle. both carbs have been taken apart and cleaned. again WTF?!!!

stihl ms 2000t.... WTF?!!! 2 carburetors still will not idle. When it does run i have to constantly tap the throttle. both carbs have been taken apart and cleaned. again WTF?!!!

start your own thread.......you won't get much help by barging in on another thread......someone willl gladly serve you.

I know we (Topsham Rental Center) can order the tool for $2.54 right from Husqy.
:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
Back