whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 46k
That's not to bad our John deere was 44k with no attachments. We used a skid loader for years this thing just crushes what our t300 did. No comparison land clearing to hauling wood out of a yard 10x faster without the damage. All while in an air ride seat. That's a 4 in 1 bucket on there I use like a grapple so I don't have to carry both. Machine weighs around 7k and has no problem with 3k at full height even on crappy terrain. Lifts over the side of the crane so has to be around 10 11 feet of reach.

Alot of machines I wish I would have went bigger or more powerful. With this one after using it for over a year I would buy the exact same thing again. Have never felt limited on lift or power. I believe it is 44hp at the pto. We run a brush mower on it that eats trees the size of beer cans no problem.

I've pulled a 7k pound chipper up some terrible hills with it out on PowerLines. Old girl has never let me down.

20141217_130606_zps56jknjuw.jpg

I should state that the BMG was purchased a few years ago. The machine came bareback.
What will it lift/ what kinda hp to weight ratio? A few years ago when we started messing with these it showed me a skid steer was like using a old flip phone. We wouldn't even be able to get one up 50% of the hills we have to go up and down.

I dunno about hp to weight. It will pick the same stuff my asv will (around 5k before tipping). I'm not too concerned with maximizing my picking power. I just don't want to mat out plywood for turning anymore.

Is the Deere gonna be at the shop this weekend?
Yes it will be. heat ac serius satellite radio it's one of my favorite things for tree work. We had spacers made for the wheels it's 16 inches wider than stock thing can go sideways on crazy steep hills.

Each rear tire is like 700 pounds full of beat juice all the weight is super low to the ground. We climb steep enough stuff you have to steer with the brakes because the front tires are lifting off.

Has individual pedals for the rear brakes to control them independently

Everything should be there I'm having alot of stuff painted like the fenders and accents on boxes. Try and stand out from the rest a little more.

Can I request tactical black if you're painting the bandit up
We have the terex being painted some blacks and greys. The factory only offered white which drove me crazy. Local guy does some neat airbrushing instead of doing vinyl we are probably gonna let him take a stab at it. Amazing what they will do for like 3-4 hundred dollars i thought it would be alot more.

Our int 4400 log trucks clear coat was peeling. paint job was only two years old I guess I just got a bad mix or something.
it's been bugging me looks like hell.

I think the fenders and some other spots on the trucks even maybe the hoods we are gonna do a shade of red.

We have the terex being painted some blacks and greys. The factory only offered white which drove me crazy. Local guy does some neat airbrushing instead of doing vinyl we are probably gonna let him take a stab at it. Amazing what they will do for like 3-4 hundred dollars i thought it would be alot more.

Our int 4400 log trucks clear coat was peeling. paint job was only two years old I guess I just got a bad mix or something.
it's been bugging me looks like hell.

I think the fenders and some other spots on the trucks even maybe the hoods we are gonna do a shade of red.

Do you do your painting in house or do you send it to someone. I was told by a lot of old timers to stay away from painting because of how finicky it is and how terrible the fumes are for your health.

I use a Yanmar EX3200 as my loader currently. It's a great little 32 hp 4wd tractor but it doesn't pick up enough weight. It doesn't have a quick release bucket either. I would really like to be able to use pallet forks for some of the stuff I do. Other than those limitations, it works great. I'm thinking I'm going to go with mini skid and a larger tractor eventually for loading. It's really nice not having to put down plywood normally using a tractor. Also I have to have a tractor of some sort for my house. I have to bush hog and finish mow with one.

Picked these logs with the Gehl and took them over a driveway lip that I was concerned about. No cracking, no marks whatsoever. I'm liking this machine.
eb759da61c11fdfa241b8914711e1fbe.jpg
What's the deal with that dump truck top ? Does it have folding door that cover the load or it it a chipper top with out the center. New machine looks great, i am still putting down plywood highway for the bobcat and will be for some time.

Oh the decisions I was planning on leaving my current co. To get in with a Co that is offering a very appealing future and just went through a major overhaul, all new equipment... but they actually gave bonuses out this year do I still say seeya? argh!
What to do... What to do...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the deal with that dump truck top ? Does it have folding door that cover the load or it it a chipper top with out the center. New machine looks great, i am still putting down plywood highway for the bobcat and will be for some time.

Good question. I had a tarp draped over the top and was chipping into it while I had my cab over being built. I'm gonna torch the angled sides off so save on weight and make it easier to load wood from the back and over the sides.

Do you do your painting in house or do you send it to someone. I was told by a lot of old timers to stay away from painting because of how finicky it is and how terrible the fumes are for your health.
I do some airbrushing as a hobby/side gig. Nice now that I can use acrylics instead of solvent base for my custom paint murals. Still need a automotive clear for exterior work or bike parts. Indoor paintings get water based Valspar clear coats. So much easier on the budget and the sinuses

I guess I have a damn cold but we did get a fairly large check we had been looking for the last three weeks. Who is working Xmas? We are starting a big removal tomorrow and if we don't finish it we are going in Xmas morn. for whatever it takes...hopefully not over two hours if we have to go at all.

Latest posts

Back