the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
76f82c97098eaf240c31b83c40246e05.jpg

7c56b0a9eb9f0bd1b09d6e57834a2966.jpg

b86425a298c836ac84aa65f74a1eb535.jpg

b3a19dab0018bd54dffcc443edc3aa72.jpg

08286ea3c3744c41d0ffc538110d1c81.jpg

didn't get to run it last night, had dinner at mums :( need to cut up my test log at work tomorrow so it will get its first run then :)

Is that a moisture meter I see?

Also I'd offer you a nice pine log to cut up but I plan on milling it tomorrow or the day after lol

How much did the prices come down when the dollar was on par with the US $?

We are getting shafted, there is no two ways about that.....

... and the only way Stihl Australia will stop people like me from buying OS is to lower their prices substantially. Threatening retailers will not work, all they are trying to do is protect their market, and in this country their overpriced relative to the UK...

Unfortunately it's the local retailers that miss the sale.
Having friends who live and have lived in the uk the scale of economy is a lot different from ours and the end of the day dollar in pocket is a lot less/expendable income. It comes back to an economy and how strong it is and what it can handle. We have seen many sustained reductions in pricing across our range. When I first started the cheapest blower was a BG 65 nearly $400, now the BG 56 is currently 269. I know your going to say "that's all home owner crap" but that is where the market is and growing all the time. There is no point sticking out head in the sand about it. The market won't come to us, we need to goto it. For us it is one of the best things that has happened over the years. Although not high profit items we have a large turn over of people who become repeat customers from these products and usually buy heigher end from this. At the end of the day they still need chains, lube, ppe and servicing. Also the pricing in Europe is all over the shop. Some items are cheaper in respect to others. Same as some U.S. prices

Is that a moisture meter I see?

Also I'd offer you a nice pine log to cut up but I plan on milling it tomorrow or the day after lol
Yep with my Stihl playing cards. I have an unlimited supply of timber so that ok. This one came from there and we won't have it at the new place so cut up it must be or might just drop it at my place as mines nearly stuffed

Having friends who live and have lived in the uk the scale of economy is a lot different from ours and the end of the day dollar in pocket is a lot less/expendable income. It comes back to an economy and how strong it is and what it can handle. We have seen many sustained reductions in pricing across our range. When I first started the cheapest blower was a BG 65 nearly $400, now the BG 56 is currently 269. I know your going to say "that's all home owner crap" but that is where the market is and growing all the time. There is no point sticking out head in the sand about it. The market won't come to us, we need to goto it. For us it is one of the best things that has happened over the years. Although not high profit items we have a large turn over of people who become repeat customers from these products and usually buy heigher end from this. At the end of the day they still need chains, lube, ppe and servicing. Also the pricing in Europe is all over the shop. Some items are cheaper in respect to others. Same as some U.S. prices

you are quite correct in stating what the market will tolerate, or the prices we are prepared to pay.

But when the disparity is well over 50% on say an MS661 compared to that paid in the UK it's the dealers here that suffer. How can you tell the customer that is the price Stihl Australia sets because they believe that is the correct price point for this market, in other words Aussies will pay more for the same product. That's all it is. Nothing to do with exchange rates unless the distributor made a wrong bet on a hedge on the currency, not likely.

Nothing wrong with your toys either Jason and your getting better, as for me, I'm on the fast slide down hill, won't be long and I won't make finals unless all you newer guys stuff up.
I sometimes wish I stayed away from football and the bush, my old body might be in a lot better shape than it is now days.
Anyway when I'm pushed out of the arena I can still change a spark plug or two for the men who are in having a go.
U being pushed outta the arena is a long way off Neil!
More than likely, you have forgotten more about racing , than I have learnt yet!!
Nothing wrong with your toys either Jason and your getting better, as for me, I'm on the fast slide down hill, won't be long and I won't make finals unless all you newer guys stuff up.
I sometimes wish I stayed away from football and the bush, my old body might be in a lot better shape than it is now days.
Anyway when I'm pushed out of the arena I can still change a spark plug or two for the men who are in having a go.[/QUOTE

Who is to say STihl Australia are buying saws for the same price Stihl USA or Eu are....

Do you really think its apples for apples?

Of course not, but it won't stop people from going OS to buy their chainsaw when big savings can be made I reckon...

great start to long weekend apart from a headache i's got to go shooting while no high scores a good day with the club mob and my weenie 223 took on 308 over 500 yrds in gusty condition and still bought honor my $2k rig vs upwards of $10k pro rigs and twas only a few scores behind 50 vs 54 out of 60ies

that 18volt bosch drill i picked up of the road dear daughter no1 got a charger for it under $40 from Bunnings & it works just fine still thou feel bad for the owner who lost it but i looked about the streets i found it

no storms so far so i wont get a calls 5am 9pm or sunday or need to work 6 till 8pm most nites like last week

now to reload 40+ case's an tidy clean 4 or 5 saws

:sweet: Paid for a cheap hot 35ish year old today named M55 :sweet:

Well I met her today,

Once she was out of the dudes boot and the bag he carried her in;

first impression of the rich dark deep complexion from top to toe gave an instant warm n fuzzy, leered her up n down, fondled and checked out all her nooks and crannies along with her ample bonus goodies.

Was able to have a close inspection of deep inside before swiftly handed over the dowry.

* Original tube but surprisingly clean with sharp lines and more life left in it than I had got my hopes up for. Nothing has barely any wear really.
Will oil her up and clean her down tonight before giving her a solid work out. Will post some 'live action' picks tomorrow most likely.

For a cheap used hot 35ishhh year old from near Geelong she should serve me fine !! (Reminds me of my teens-twenties actually) :sweet:

Tikka M55 17 rem.jpg

:sweet: Paid for a cheap hot 35ish year old today named M55 :sweet:

Well I met her today,

Once she was out of the dudes boot and the bag he carried her in;

first impression of the rich dark deep complexion from top to toe gave an instant warm n fuzzy, leered her up n down, fondled and checked out all her nooks and crannies along with her ample bonus goodies.

Was able to have a close inspection of deep inside before swiftly handed over the dowry.

* Original tube but surprisingly clean with sharp lines and more life left in it than I had got my hopes up for. Nothing has barely any wear really.
Will oil her up and clean her down tonight before giving her a solid work out. Will post some 'live action' picks tomorrow most likely.

For a cheap used hot 35ishhh year old from near Geelong she should serve me fine !! (Reminds me of my teens-twenties actually) :sweet:

View attachment 409359
Nice mate, what calibre?

Nice mate, what calibre?

17 Remington. Originally just wanted either an old 223 or 17rem for a donor rifle/action to re-barrel to 20-223 for something different and practical, i.e. 20 Practical ;)

Found this one and researched old Tikka's and liked what I found and that it isn't a cheap Sako. Original Tikka.
http://usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=49344 I asked him to throw in the bag in the picture and his 17 cal cleaning gear which he agreed. Came scoped with dies, 78 loaded rounds, another 50 brass, 50+ 20gr Z-max pills, 20 round belt carry box plus 50 and 100 round boxes. I didn't haggle further and said I'd take it (for $800).
He said he'd take $700... Felt like he haggled me down :D
He then threw in a decent bipod.

Take away all the extras and it becomes a cheap rifle to shoot, before being a donor one day, if ever :)

Decent young bloke. He's invited me to go shooting next time I'm down near Melbourne.

Back