661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is getting flat out ridiculous. How much temp difference have you measured? Without going back, wasn't it less than 100 or maybe even 50? And that's going to overheat my saw? Give me a break. If you think your thinner oil ratio is going to outperform a ported saw....well, that is flat out delusional! Now I'm starting to sound like bwalker. But this is mind blowing.

Why can't I walk away, lol?
If you run .050" chain you won't stand a chance against his 50:1 fuel and .058 chain combo.

Yes. I think my muff modded 661 running 50:1 will beat a ported 661 running 32:1. I don't believe you can make up 7 seconds. I believe your running to much oil and it's slowing down the piston and overheating the saw.

Dex!!! wuts up baby! heh yeah dude same roll. why i like to get 2 or 3 logs and 1 cut cut each in succession. See below.
You are out of your mind..

This is getting flat out ridiculous. How much temp difference have you measured? Without going back, wasn't it less than 100 or maybe even 50? And that's going to overheat my saw? Give me a break. If you think your thinner oil ratio is going to outperform a ported saw....well, that is flat out delusional! Now I'm starting to sound like bwalker. But this is mind blowing.

Why can't I walk away, lol?
I can't believe it took you guys so long to realize Redbull is a complete stone...

You guys get it. None of us will ever prove that any one oil or ratio is the best.

Well we could but the loss of population/casualties and countless man hours is what ia holding the research back.

I appreciate the work redbull!!!

I like my ratio and respect everyone else's ratio and have gone to 35:1 when I did not have enough oil. Key word was "had" I seem to have enough surplus for a while haha

Sent from my non internal combustion device.

Yes. I think my muff modded 661 running 50:1 will beat a ported 661 running 32:1. I don't believe you can make up 7 seconds. I believe your running to much oil and it's slowing down the piston and overheating the saw.

Dex!!! wuts up baby! heh yeah dude same roll. why i like to get 2 or 3 logs and 1 cut cut each in succession. See below.

Same roll takes some variables out.

But .... I still see to many variables. . Even with the same roll.

7 seconds in a 30 sec cut? That's less than 30%. A good port job can make up 30%..

Also, a stock saw with a good hand filed chain can be 20%-30% faster.

As for me? I have a 661 on the way soon.
Even as a stock saw? It will get 36:1.

post-33337-it-just-seems-dumb-gif-Duck-Dy-hr1O.gif

I challenge any ported 661 out there. You run 32:1 I'll run 50:1 h1r. same bar, same bar oil, get same gas but mix diff oil in obviously, and new chains.

I'll take that challenge!!

1st of all, I am not calling you out here, I wanna see the results win or loose.

Next weekend I'm driving 10 hours one way to the Iowa GTG, there is no way it's more then 5 hours for you from northern WI to Iowa!

Bring your stock 661, I will bring my Mastermind 661.

But IMO, we are going to have to make MORE then one timed cut to get conclusive results. One cut per saw is not enough.

Find a uniform piece of wood, each saw gets 3 cuts with the same person running both saws.

Then, new chains (off of the same roll) for each saw, and the next guy gets to run the saws, each operator & saw get 3 cuts. Cuts will be timed and averaged.

I will pay for my half of the chain!

I think it would better to do the test with 28" bars, it's going to be hard to find uniform wood IMO worthy of a 36" bar. I am sure there will be plenty of uniform wood there for a 28" bar.

And just for fun after the test, lets do a head ups race, you on one end of the log 3 cuts, me on the other end of the log 3 cuts.

You wanted the challenge, bring your 661 to Iowa, I will be waiting :)

Latest posts

Back