661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So why don't ya put up some money where your mouth is?
Because I'm simply not that interested. I can perform my own test the next time a stock 661 comes in. I simply don't believe it makes that much difference.

If I were going to spend money on testing oil, I'd be testing is protection level, and then cleanliness.

well you guys are sooo confident the ported 661 is going to destroy my muff modded 661. I'm not saying that i win.

I'm just saying that since you guys are sooo confident, if it doesn't beat me by 30% ya'll should cover my gas cost.

but maybe now 30% is too high?

Even if you have your other 661 ported ,and run it against the stock saw on your dime ,they will still find loop holes in the testing ,just too many variables in this stuff ,all it would prove is what those 2 saws were ,in the type of wood you were cutting .

I do enjoy the test vids if it makes a rats ass ,and i have branched out of my comfort zone on mix because of them ,so i still give you an attaboy for all the effort put into this stuff .

And if you guys need chain , now is the time to get a good deal on some .

interesting... you had the opportunity to show how much faster your ported 661 was over a stock 661 and you didn't do it.
If I want to send my saw anywhere for testing, I'll send it to Chad to run on a real dyno. Until then, the videos I posted above are sufficient evidence of the difference in my ported saw.

It's amazing how you made an insane claim, and are now trying to project the burden of proof onto someone else. Simply amazing.

Similar base oils and protection level.
The base oil blends are all different and it's impossible to say that based on a MSDS sheet.
I think you really need to forget about protection level, as it's likely all are much more than adequate. There are other factors that are much more important for a work saw application, be it ported or stock.

base oils... I'll take the belray 90% ester base oil with 10% additives over any of this other garbage 30-75% blah blah base oil + this that and the other thing. Well 800 is interesting...another all ester base oil.

h1r and 800 = simple

interesting... you had the opportunity to show how much faster your ported 661 was over a stock 661 and you didn't do it.

how about instead of me spending 9hrs in the car. I pay for you to ship your ported 661 to a neutral location which is close to me. Stihlivin is close to me. I'm by twin cities MN.
I am sure you would, but only because you don't know what the hell your talking about.. I challenge you to find an actual FD or EGD certified oil that's straight high temp ester like H1R. You won't because such oils can't pass the smoke or deposit tests. And these test are really scientific tests, not the ridiculous "fun with chainsaws" tests you are running.

Latest posts

Back