661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today; out of curiosity, I checked the amount of contents of two different brands of those little 2.6 oz bottles of 2 cycle oil. Lucas semi-synthetic, and Stihl HP Ultra.
Using a 4oz Baby Bottle with the printed oz, and ml amounts on the sides, I dumped the Lucas bottle in, and it measured 2.8 oz.
After pouring the oil back into it's original container, I cleaned the baby bottle and Stihl measured right on the money at 2.6oz or 76.8ml. Hmmm!

I have always been partial to Gene Ingram knives, but slum a Knives of Alaska Jaeger most of the time.
I have the bear and cub combo knives of Alaska (called light hunter combo now). I prefer 0-1 steel over D2 though. My knives of Alaska have D2 and my Randall is 0-1 steel.

Think it has to do with the European taste, as unpractical as it is.
Look at a German K98 sniper rifle from ww2 and you will find they have a stock set up for irons and mounts that put the scope ridiculously high.
Things have moved along somewhat since ww2, just like oil ratios. LOL
Thansk

Knives? :) I need to get some pics of my fixed blades.

IMG_4956-L.jpg

IMG_4975-L.jpg

20150324_175235-L.jpg

20150324_175441-L.jpg

CRK%20Sebenza%20Ole%20Glory%203-L.jpg

CRK%20Sebenza%20Damascus%20CF%205-L.jpg

20150313_135346-L.jpg

Thanks guys am stressing out now thinking what's the best oil for my knives? I can almost hear them rusting in the back ground! haha...
Well out with it what's the best oil for my knives? mineral based oil/ no oil/semi synthetic/ fully synthetic?....
I hear B-29 landing gear oil is the bee's knees yes?

Back