661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just trying to stay on topic here with axes' and guns ...
quad_barreled_axe_shotgun_by_drusan13-d3dbcx0.jpg
You have CAD !!!!

rifle looks like a Sako or CZ? definitely long action cartridge.

scope - zeiss/hensoldt - 30-34mm main body with a 56mm objective.

mounts - never run into anything like that. Doesn't look very stable.

mount height - doesn't need to be that high to clear the Can (suppressor). Judging by the Harris bipod being the long leg model most likely sits and doesn't use the cheek rest to aim. Or he has an odd style of aim. But with the scope dimensions like it is - it should have a large exit pupil and a lot of eye relief to allow him to do this.

Caliber - I'd guess something in the area of 25-06. 7mm is kinda over kill for that area unless you'd be going out to distance and that scope isn't setup for serious distance.
Win 70

That's an odd looking rail or scope mount.
Zeiss with rail mount, you can also get rail mount from Swarovski.
I have had Zeiss with rail mount before, but it takes alot work and money before you get a mounting system that fit perfect, ie, low mount. Most of the rail mount system I've seen is to high for my taste. Blaser though, they have a beautiful saddle mount for their R93 rifle.

Plus there is the thought amongst certain people that the least amount of twist possible produces the most accuracy.

It is a real thing, but only an issue past 1000 yards, called spin drift. Bullets where the COG is not in line w/ the COR will exhibit some amount of yaw, and each rotation tends to move the bullet in the direction of rotation...

Bullet length has much more to do with it than weight.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yes, but all things equal a heavier bullet is longer and versa-visa

No Brian, I want to just run this 2R for a few months. That's the best way for me to really decide if I like a certain oil. If I switch around too much I'll never be able to give a fair evaluation.

Don't take my word for anything. I recommended H1R because it protected well, I didn't realize it was holding back some saws. Even our MS150T runs much better on 2R.

And back to oil, what brand is this 2R the monkey speaks so highly of?

dw

nothing wrong with the european taste. both zeiss and swarovski make rifle optic that is top notch. I am stunned how good they really are in sunlight compared to for example Leopold.
Steiner, Kahles, Schmidt & Bender are all top notch glass as well. More towards the tactical and military shooting stuff.

Steiner, Kahles, Schmidt & Bender are all top notch glass as well. More towards the tactical and military shooting stuff.
Agree with you.
I have never had Kahles and S&B, but I have looked into them. Steiner is a brand we dont see so often here.
Kahles now and then making a good serie, but you never know if their new serie is up there, but they have always had nice price tag. It's defently a brand that should be followed. Btw, Austrich made just like Swarovski.
S&B have always been lower in quality compared to Zeiss, but pricing is nice.
Another brand who used to be good is Doctor, made on the old Zeiss factory in East Germany.
My first optic for the rifle where Doctor with æ glasses, I still remember how strong it was in contrast.

It is a real thing, but only an issue past 1000 yards, called spin drift. Bullets where the COG is not in line w/ the COR will exhibit some amount of yaw, and each rotation tends to move the bullet in the direction of rotation...

Yes, but all things equal a heavier bullet is longer and versa-visa

And back to oil, what brand is this 2R the monkey speaks so highly of?

dw
Yamalube 2r ,makes the gas purple

nothing wrong with the european taste. both zeiss and swarovski make rifle optic that is top notch. I am stunned how good they really are in sunlight compared to for example Leopold.
Optics are good no doubt. I run only zeiss currently along with a Leica HD-B BRF.
The way the set up their rigs sucks though..

Re-rail the de-rail: My favorite handgun except, I took the combat grips off and put smooth grips on. I also added a compensator. And I have extended magazines for it.

wilson-tactical-45.jpg

Mobil 1 Racing 2T, what mix ratio would people recomend?
I was thinking 40:1 would be a good start.......

What? Oil questions? Well, since you are from Norge... that is good oil. I used to use it when it was available here. I use 3oz per gallon, which is 42.67:1. But 40:1 is just fine by me. Only problem with Mobil that I had was that it is clear, and I like the blue dyed premix oil so I can tell if a batch of gas has oil in it or not.

Re-rail the de-rail: My favorite handgun except, I took the combat grips off and put smooth grips on. I also added a compensator. And I have extended magazines for it.

View attachment 433742

I used to live 5 mins away from STI in Georgetown, Texas - this was my IDPA open class STI 9mm, 19 round gun:

9667650.2011.jpg

And my Ace Customs CCW built on a Colt LW Commander circa 1989 or so:

117961.DIGnofsh2.jpg

I also spent a good deal of time practicing with my HK Tactical and some Shiner;

14305525.DrunkenMonkeys3.jpg

That scope is nice and bright, especially in low light. It's also perfectly legal for him to take a shot from the jeep, which is prolly where the high cheek weld helps. He is a big guy, as well. Also manages our fishing syndicate, and is handy with an arc welder. We're gonna try and make a chainsaw mill when we find the time. He keeps asking me to go on patrol with him, but I am too busy as both the woodsman and the steward. He's a real cool, laid back dude. And he has nearly as many guns as I did when I lived back in Texas, a very lovely Beretta shotgun amongst them. Once you become the gamekeeper on a well known estate in Ireland, getting gun permits is basically a given.

image.jpg
Knife thread too. Anyone know this knife maker? He made the Rambo knife in first blood. Sambar stag and D2 steel. This is my favorite big game skinner.

Latest posts

Back