661 Oil Test 32:1 vs 40:1 vs 50:1 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm pretty well convinced on the lucas. i've pulled many saws apart that had been running it now. even ones i tuned lean to the extreme and they still have a decent oil coat at 50:1. top of piston is also cleaner then running stihl ultra. bottom line is, the past statements of lucas leaving a top end dry is just flat out absolute BS made up by an H1R lover LOL. :laugh: i ran 50:1 in a 372 hutzl big bore ported for a month and the thing came apart with oil. no where near as much as 32:1 of course but there was oil all over everything and i think that is good enough.

http://lucasoil.com/products/2-cycle-oil/lucas-semi-synthetic-2-cycle-oil

It tends to represent film strength, especially at high temperatures.
There are other factors at play too. VI for one. And keep in mind that the figure represents the combined viscosity of a blend.
There seems to be a more equals better mentality on this site. There are trade offs to everything and high viscosity oils do have trade offs.
Besides film strength isn't something I would worry about in a low BMEP engine like a chainsaw. If you did want the highest film strength oil available run a castor or castor synthetic blend oil.

i'm pretty well convinced on the lucas. i've pulled many saws apart that had been running it now. even ones i tuned lean to the extreme and they still have a decent oil coat at 50:1. top of piston is also cleaner then running stihl ultra. bottom line is, the past statements of lucas leaving a top end dry is just flat out absolute BS made up by an H1R lover LOL. :laugh: i ran 50:1 in a 372 hutzl big bore ported for a month and the thing came apart with oil. no where near as much as 32:1 of course but there was oil all over everything and i think that is good enough.

http://lucasoil.com/products/2-cycle-oil/lucas-semi-synthetic-2-cycle-oil
I get a kick out of the dry top end comments. The amount of residual oil is dictated by one thing and that is what oil ratio is being used.
I am not a fan or lucas or of using injector or dual purpose oils in premix applications.

I forgot to mention:

An estate that has a woodsman usually also has a game keeper. This is his main rifle for keeping the deer under control out here - It looks like a Winchester 70 in 7mm Rem on top his lil Mitsubishi diesel jeep(Yes, the rifle is threaded to take a suppressor, which are legal in Ireland if you have a rifle permit):

View attachment 433424
That rifle is setup for someone with a crook neck or disability, either that or they get a black eye every time they shoot, look how far back that scope is!
Thansk

Very common setup over there as are scopes with huge objectives.
You must show me some pictures of how common they are then. I'd say the reason it is mounted so high is to have clear vision above the huge muffler that would normally be on it. Why it's mounted so far back is another question though.
Thansk

You must show me some pictures of how common they are then. I'd say the reason it is mounted so high is to have clear vision above the huge muffler that would normally be on it. Why it's mounted so far back is another question though.
Thansk
Think it has to do with the European taste, as unpractical as it is.
Look at a German K98 sniper rifle from ww2 and you will find they have a stock set up for irons and mounts that put the scope ridiculously high.

rifle looks like a Sako or CZ? definitely long action cartridge.

scope - zeiss/hensoldt - 30-34mm main body with a 56mm objective.

mounts - never run into anything like that. Doesn't look very stable.

mount height - doesn't need to be that high to clear the Can (suppressor). Judging by the Harris bipod being the long leg model most likely sits and doesn't use the cheek rest to aim. Or he has an odd style of aim. But with the scope dimensions like it is - it should have a large exit pupil and a lot of eye relief to allow him to do this.

Caliber - I'd guess something in the area of 25-06. 7mm is kinda over kill for that area unless you'd be going out to distance and that scope isn't setup for serious distance.

rifle looks like a CZ definitely long action cartridge.

scope - zeiss/hensoldt - 30-34mm main body with a 56mm objective.

mounts - never run into anything like that. Doesn't look very stable.

mount height - doesn't need to be that high to clear the Can (suppressor). Judging by the Harris bipod being the long leg model most likely sits and doesn't use the cheek rest to aim. Or he has an odd style of aim. But with the scope dimensions like it is - it should have a large exit pupil and a lot of eye relief to allow him to do this.

Caliber - I'd guess something in the area of 25-06. 7mm is kinda over kill for that area unless you'd be going out to distance and that scope isn't setup for serious distance.
Its a Winchester model 70 feather weight in a magnum caliber. The barrel contour and stock give it away.

Just trying to stay on topic here with axes' and guns ...
quad_barreled_axe_shotgun_by_drusan13-d3dbcx0.jpg

Back