Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I have read, I believe the 064 piston will provide more compression and has longer skirts.

However, is it heavier? If so, will this effect performance & or longevity??? Or has it been proven to work "just fine" in real life?

Compression is too easy on a 460/046. Taking .035 from the squish band gets me over 200psi easy.
If i want to lower comp on the hybrid will throwing a base gasket in there do enough to notice ? Or will that mess up port timing ? Feels like i am going to rip the pawls out sometimes if it is on comp stroke when pull it over ,lol

I know what you mean, I'm drooling, but I really don't need 2, and it as almost just too pretty! Besides, I need to get a splitter, don't think the big Maple I got lined up to take down is going to be as easy to split as the Oaks I took down last year.

sure you do, you need 2 of them! You have 2 10mm 044's :) You can always buy a splitter later, down the road.

If i want to lower comp on the hybrid will throwing a base gasket in there do enough to notice ? Or will that mess up port timing ? Feels like i am going to rip the pawls out sometimes if it is on comp stroke when pull it over ,lol

Use a piece of flashing.......about .010 and seal it on both sides.

I just finished porting an 046 the other day, and yes it sure does throw them chips!

Numbers ended up at
Exhaust-97
Intake-82
Trans.-118
064 piston without cuttin the skirts, so it I had to lower the intake a lot to hit 82. I actually ground through floor a little:surprised3:. Thanks JB weld!
By the way this is the first saw the I ported, I think it turned out pretty good.

beast.

Back