Back In The Shop......Now What's On Your Bench????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for all of you ported 046/460 owners, how many turns out do you guys have you h screw? I had to take mine out to 2-1/4 to get it to 4 stroke at 13,500

1 1/8 turns with triple port muffler ,not sure rpm's but it 4 strokes if let up in the cut .1 1/4 it blubbers in the cut and does not stay cleaned out on top,mine is 440/460 hybrid with 2 banana's carved the on intake side .

I'm thinking it kinda runs out of adjustment after 1-1/2 only slightly changing.

Maybe I need a bigger jet or should I just drill this one out a little?
When my crank seal started leaking i had to go as rich as you are to compensate for the air leak ,at 1 turn out it would not idle down fast ,would come down real slow ,may not be your problem but something to look for .

When my crank seal started leaking i had to go as rich as you are to compensate for the air leak ,at 1 turn out it would not idle down fast ,would come down real slow ,may not be your problem but something to look for .
Bearings and seals are newish, I did come to find that I was blowing past the decomp, that may be part of the reason

Bearings and seals are newish, I did come to find that I was blowing past the decomp, that may be part of the reason
On my 440 i did have a new seal ,but it took one more tap on the oil pump side to get the bearing to seat against the crank ,sometimes they walk out a little when pulling the cases back together ,again something to look for ,could very well be something else

I rebuilt the saw about 4 years ago, bearings, seals, gaskets, 064 piston. It has ran flawless until it got semi- straight gassed.

Recently, ported, new 064 piston and rings. Saw runs and idles great, just thought it was odd that it was 2-1/4 turns out

Anyone else see the mouse jump out of the log about halfway through!? :laugh:
Naahhh, twas acutally a wood poo.

Thus we finally have actual video proof
of a saw scaring the **** (or a log?) outta the log.

You now, Butt ends of logs n such??
Now go try to that log buttcrack thought/image outta yer heads.

good morning.

Got the Super 2 parts saw together but not happy with the running of it.. It starts great without a prime and doesn't run too bad at speed but won't idle no matter how I adjust it and it over-oils the bar. I put the little restrictor tube in the line from the engine to the duckbill valve and the only way I could get it to oil less was to loosen the oil cap. Kinda wondering if the oiling problem is connected to the non-idle issue. Forgot to mention: This saw has the one adjustment screw instead of two, I'm now hunting in my junk for a two screw carb for it.

Got the Super 2 parts saw together but not happy with the running of it.. It starts great without a prime and doesn't run too bad at speed but won't idle no matter how I adjust it and it over-oils the bar. I put the little restrictor tube in the line from the engine to the duckbill valve and the only way I could get it to oil less was to loosen the oil cap. Kinda wondering if the oiling problem is connected to the non-idle issue. Forgot to mention: This saw has the one adjustment screw instead of two, I'm now hunting in my junk for a two screw carb for it.
Did you put brand new pulse and fuel lines on it? That REALLY matters on that 1 screw carb on the Super 2.

Did you put brand new pulse and fuel lines on it? That REALLY matters on that 1 screw carb on the Super 2.
Yeah, it's got all new lines. I doubt it has an air leak because it oils so good and starts easily, even after filling an empty fuel tank. I think I'm going to have to restrict the oil pulse line more then maybe the saw might idle better. I found a couple more carburetors for the saw but they're all one screw except one and it has been terribly abused. Someone put a wood screw into one of the adjustment holes so it's probably junk. I know a couple of guys around here that have boxes of carburetors so I may have to go digging.

Yeah, it's got all new lines. I doubt it has an air leak because it oils so good and starts easily, even after filling an empty fuel tank. I think I'm going to have to restrict the oil pulse line more then maybe the saw might idle better. I found a couple more carburetors for the saw but they're all one screw except one and it has been terribly abused. Someone put a wood screw into one of the adjustment holes so it's probably junk. I know a couple of guys around here that have boxes of carburetors so I may have to go digging.
I also run heavy thick oil in mine.

I was afraid the saw wouldn't oil so I put some thin oil in it. Looks like I better put the sticky stuff in next time. I think I'll tear it down when I get time and check that pulse hose to see why it's got so much pressure in the tank. I may try to run it with the oil pulse line plugged up to see if it helps the idle before I mess with the carb.

Latest posts

Back