BEST 60cc saw ever built !!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stop that...my 2159 is at the shop (no start, flooding big time, think it needs a carb), and I keep looking at the new 2156 hanging up there calling me...

And I also had to go by the evil Orange Box last night, and I'm guessing from the age of the rental saws (and a quick chat with the department head), there may be some 6401s coming up for sale soon. A $225 6401, or even better, a $425 7900, mmmmm.

And I nearly stopped at a yard sale today because I saw some old Jonsereds there, but my wife and kids were in the car and I got the "you already have two chainsaws" line....are these signs of CAD?

:givebeer:

What you needed to say is "You're right I ONLY have 2 saws..."

If you get the 2156 the saw you have now would be a great parts saw for it.

...This will no doubt irritate a lot of guys but BOTH the MS361 and the legendary 262XP are very overated. They are both good saws, but neither lives up to the hype. The 357XP/2156 will run with either one, so I'm surprised so few guys mention it. I sold a 357 to a member who had two MS361's and he said the 357 beat them both convincingly. 962 Olympyk or whatever it's called now is also a good 60cc saw. ...
Good post Spike. I think there are two things that hurt the 357xp: pricing variances & Saw Troll. I visited a dealer who sold both the 361 & 357xp. The 361 was $589, the 357xp was $689. Everytime someone mentions the 357xp, Sawtroll chop thems down with 361 specs bible.

Good post Spike. I think there are two things that hurt the 357xp: pricing variances & Saw Troll. I visited a dealer who sold both the 361 & 357xp. The 361 was $589, the 357xp was $689. Everytime someone mentions the 357xp, Sawtroll chop thems down with 361 specs bible.

What we need to see is a vid of both saws right next to each other with a reasonable muff mod and see which one really is the better one...

Based on sales volume alone, probably MAC 610 or Stihl 029/290. There are alot of opinions on what is "best."

Not THE best...but my best anyway.
attachment.php

My personal favorite in this comparison is the 630Super. But if we just want to talk about sheer power, winner take home all the money, the strongest 60cc saw I ever had was a Sachs-Dolmar 116SI. That thing absolutely ripped, and it had more nuts than any other 60cc saw I've ever run. Some like the 630Super might be close, but none would take it.

100% agree on the 116si .....I also like the 120s and 120si ........................

I sold my 116si last fall .....I sure would love to see my 262's try to out perform that 116si....Wont happen in stock form....

But the 361 is the best 60 cc class saw made. So you will never hear the end of it, until a better one is made.

I like the 361 and the 034/036 Stihls big time.

:clap:

I'm a big fan of 034's myself. I'd love to get a super or 036 to run the piss out of. If I could wear out the cyl on the 034 I'd do the swap, but wearing one of those out is quite a feat...

I'm a big fan of 034's myself. I'd love to get a super or 036 to run the piss out of. If I could wear out the cyl on the 034 I'd do the swap, but wearing one of those out is quite a feat...

Amen, I LOVE the 034. Dunno what it is, but my 034 is a good friend, and its not even a super.

For me the 036 comes a good size step behind the 262xp. I brought a really rough 262xp due to a few guys here raving about em, and I mean rough. But it ran like a horse knowing it had the glue factory in its future.

I got a fresher one and it has done nothing but impress all who use it. Torque, top end, it punches well above its weight class.

So for me the 262xp is THE saw in this catagory.

For me the 036 comes a good size step behind the 262xp. I brought a really rough 262xp due to a few guys here raving about em, and I mean rough. But it ran like a horse knowing it had the glue factory in its future.

I got a fresher one and it has done nothing but impress all who use it. Torque, top end, it punches well above its weight class.

So for me the 262xp is THE saw in this catagory.

I keep hearing that about the 262xp. I would love to try one/buy one.

Latest posts

Back