BEST 60cc saw ever built !!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dolmar 6400

you just can't beat the 6400 Dolmar, good power, nice weight and balance, nice control set-up, versatile, limbing, felling, etc., can be converted to a larger saw very easy, very well priced, your not just paying for the name your actually getting your moneys worth!:rockn:

038mag II is awesome too..

But isn't that 70-cc class?

The only modern ~60cc saw I've run is my brother's 257XP, but I haven't done anything more than basic limbing and small tree work with it so I don't know how it performs under a good load.

I do love the torque of my 041AV though - I run a .325 9-pin 20" setup on it, and it just chews through the wood. My Pioneer P40 also has loads of torque, though it's a bit bigger at 66cc. It'll pull a 28" full-comp 3/8 chain without trouble though.

The only modern ~60cc saw I've run is my brother's 257XP, but I haven't done anything more than basic limbing and small tree work with it so I don't know how it performs under a good load.

I do love the torque of my 041AV though - I run a .325 9-pin 20" setup on it, and it just chews through the wood. My Pioneer P40 also has loads of torque, though it's a bit bigger at 66cc. It'll pull a 28" full-comp 3/8 chain without trouble though.

288xp is a nice saw too.....

257 is a bit short on power.....

I've never had the pleasure of running a 262. Does the 362 compare with it? If not why?

I've never ran a 362 so I can't compare. I haven't ran too many 60's saws anyway, too small for me. The 044 is the smallest saw I need.

If I ever get my 262xp done and we meet at a GTG you should try my 262xp. Hows the new 660 doing?

By far the best saw in that class is hands down the husqvarna 262xp. In second place I would say the 361 stihl.

The dadgum TRUTH!

The 361 is close, sorta like "New Coke" was.
But then Husky left the field wide open.

Husky screwed themselves with the 357...

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Sure - but I don't like outboard clutches on a 60cc saw, and I don't like "flag" chainbreak handles on a woods saw - so the price goes to the MS361, despite less power (also a tad less weight).......

The 038Mag is 72cc.

...and the 257 surely is not an xp.....

Best 60cc saw? 20 years? But how about best for what?

The 162/262 Husky (and it's close cousin 630 Jonny) are wonderful saws, arent they? Popular out west as limbing saws or on small and medium wood because they're fast. But they aren't as popular in the midwest and east, where some users like a friendlier powerband for hardwood.

And besides, the 162 grandfather saw came out in like what, 1978? That's 30 years.

My vote would be for saws like the Husky 61/Jonny 625: not the best at any one thing, but pretty good at anything within their range. They sold lots of them for years and years, which says that they were well liked, and dealers will usually have parts on hand. Someone needing an all-around saw in that size range would be very well-served.

For the same reason, the 036/361 Stihls might get my vote, too. Except I like the Swede saws better, myself.

Hello my friend - nice to see you post!

Just remember that the 262xp belongs to another saw family than the other Husky/Jreds you mentioned (154 family), and is quite a bit lighter - but still has more power. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back