Cord prices falling like dominoes...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thombat4

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Just a couple months ago I was seeing nothing but $250 - $325 for a full cord of hardwood. But with the "rare" mild winter we're having here in northeast Ohio cord prices have dropped dramatically to anywhere from $100 - $150:dizzy:. If I hadn't been able to scrounge wood on my own I would gladly pay that amount for a cord. I'm sure some of these guys depend on their cord sales to get them through the winter so I hope they'll be alright. Be safe out there folks:drinkingcoffee:

Just a couple months ago I was seeing nothing but $250 - $325 for a full cord or hardwood. But with the "rare" mild winter we're having here in northeast Ohio cord prices have dropped dramatically to anywhere from $100 - $150:dizzy:. If I hadn't been able to scrounge wood on my own I would gladly pay that amount for a cord. I'm sure some of these guys depend on their cord sales to get them through the winter so I hope they'll be alright. Be safe out there folks:drinkingcoffee:
It just got cold .

Polar vortex for a couple days in NY then back to a few days of bove normal temps, WTF. It might be a good year to stockpile log firewood but I don't think anyone has been in the woods lately. November is usually the mud season but was dry and warm which meant December became the mud month and is spilling into Jan...

Polar vortex for a couple days in NY then back to a few days of bove normal temps, WTF. It might be a good year to stockpile log firewood but I don't think anyone has been in the woods lately. November is usually the mud season but was dry and warm which meant December became the mud month and is spilling into Jan...

Couldn't say it better for SW Virginia!

My average accumulated annual snow fall to date for this season should be about 45"... We've had less than 8" recorded.

Here in the PNW winter started out good. Got more snow by mid December than we got all season last year. Of course "more" only added up to about 1' total and most went away. Then came late December and we haven't seen but "skifts" since, temps way above normal. Looks like another 'snow drought' summer coming up. The regions irrigated crops were in hurting status all year.

I was out on the wood pile splitting/piling working in mud and without shirt an hour ago. Only about 3" of snow remaining in the deeper drifts.

Looks like El Nino is doing wehat they predicted, Warmer and Drier than normal.

Harry K

Do you all think it would be wise to put a standing order in for a tri axle load if the price drops? I don't need the wood but for the right price it may pay to buy a load pr two for 2019 and 2020. It would save me from scrounging :)
Check price of heating oil or propane vs what they want for wood. It is time to put some discipline back into wood selling. Wood is a commodity and sellers need to learn that.

Do you all think it would be wise to put a standing order in for a tri axle load if the price drops? I don't need the wood but for the right price it may pay to buy a load pr two for 2019 and 2020. It would save me from scrounging :)
when the price of buying wood comes close to what it takes to produce it , it's a no- brainer to buy- buy- buy!!! there's no leaving home with out getting dirty and wet, for a few dollars more?!

My buddy just bought a semi of Jack pine for 65 bucks a cord to feed his owb. He's normally paying over 100 a cord for whatever they choose to deliver to him.

Can't imagine anyone is living well on $100/cord for processed wood. I'd make more money staying on the couch!
! THAT'S = BS ! big time.. junk wood stays in the woods hey junk wood here sells for 35.00 as scrap by the truck load, ends limbs what ever you have laying around people want for cheap! garbage is money! cant make 35.00 laying on the couch!

! THAT'S = BS ! big time.. junk wood stays in the woods hey junk wood here sells for 35.00 as scrap by the truck load, ends limbs what ever you have laying around people want for cheap! garbage is money! cant make 35.00 laying on the couch!
at the end of the day what ever junk pieces were there on the landing are gone by morning with a few dollars in a usual hiding spot !

Had a fairly normal winter here so far. Temps in single digits & teens last couple weeks. 20's and 30's this week, about foot & half snow. Wood sold like crazy as soon as cold temps hit. I wish I had more to sell.

Latest posts

Back