CT GTG?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paragon Builder

AS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was talking with @mels and we are contemplating a chainsaw GTG at my place in Norwich, CT. It would be in November. It'll be a little cooler then. I'd like to know what kind of interest there is.

Possible. I'd be coming from NY, but might haul my butt over there. What kind of wood you got to donate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possible. I'd be coming from NY, but might haul my butt over there. What kind of wood you got to donate?

Cool!
I've got about 25-30 cord I'm cutting up. I'll pick out some nice stuff and set it aside. I get some pretty big stuff 2-3'. Oak, ash ,maple, cherry, etc...
Never know what may show up here between now and then either.

As of right now my nov weekends are free... I'd prefer Saturday. But input is welcome.
My problem is college hockey season. If we're home, it's a Friday - Saturday night deal. If we're on the road I'll travel if they're close enough.

Otherwise I'd try to make it, especially if I can't get to Spike's...

When/where is Spike's GTG?

25-30 cord sounds like you have good reason to host a GTG. [emoji2]Are you providing gas/oil or food? I would bring my 395xp with 32" bar.

For those possibly attending what saw(s) would you bring?

Hey Gents, we'd be looking hard at the first Saturday in November. The rest of the month is just too tight, and losing one weekend to Thanksgiving doesn't help.
Nice casual gathering, first annual Nutmeg GTG if it works out.
Dan has a nice little spread there in Norwich and we'd sure like it if y'all could make it!

November is Hunting Season, and I'd prefer if it were closer to Mels!!!!!

Make it late Aug or Sept, and I'll be there. Would love another GTG not too far away.

Re: Spikes ... if you need to know how to get there w/o any tolls, just let me know, it is not that hard.
I'm swamped right now and I've got a lot to do before then to get ready[emoji20]
Wish you could be there Mike, I didn't get to shake your hand at the upstate ny gtg.

When/where is Spike's GTG?

25-30 cord sounds like you have good reason to host a GTG. [emoji2]Are you providing gas/oil or food? I would bring my 395xp with 32" bar.

For those possibly attending what saw(s) would you bring?

Most of that wood will be cut already. But I'll save some good stuff to cut up. This is just about meeting guys and trying different saws and having fun!
I'm not sure on the turnout but I don't mind swinging for a few platters of food. And I'll have gas/ oil here for anyone that needs it.
Personally I've got my husky 55, 61, 181, 316e electric, dolmar 6400, stihl ms192t.
I know Mel will have a car full!

...Are you providing gas/oil or food?...

Hey good question, 'Derf.

Though Dan will have gas and oil, considering the many different ratios - not to mention oil types and brands - it's probably best if everyone brings their own mix. You guys know what your saw likes, why risk messing it up using someone else's brew.

This is more of a "feeler" thread, gauging interest if y'all are interested in joining us with something that we're going to do anyway.

Back