Cutting up a big red oak.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, some more nice oak but...that's how it goes when ya use the wrong bar oil..

snicker....

giggle...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

xpertz on CS forum help ya out there no doubt, jiss ask....

hehehehehehe
LOL,I was using a new jug of overpriced stihl oil when it started happening. My son in law gave it to me. I have always used the poulan bar oil for years. Guess it was just time for it to die. but is funny it died using stihl junk.

LOL,I was using a new jug of overpriced stihl oil when it started happening. My son in law gave it to me. I have always used the poulan bar oil for years. Guess it was just time for it to die. but is funny it died using stihl junk.

Stihl?? That's the cheap foreign knockoff stuff! You want genuine STILE. Saws/oil/chains, etc Watch for the sale ads on CL...independent dealers only, it's the rare stuff..extra goodness...

STILE fits the style! Only for he dude pros, not for girlymen!

Had to hire a guy to take this one down cause lightening hit it and it was too close to anything to drop it. Just cutting the small stuff for a couple days.Then i'll have to break out the big stuff. Didn't get as much done cause my ford fuel pump went on the second trip to cut more.

Late to this thread. That tree is a monster...makes makes me drool just seeing the pics and thinking about all the BTU's laying there. My wife and I just finished up a nice red fir the wind had uprooted that measured 42". We don't get much red fir anymore, let alone one that is 40+ inches. Thought my late dad's Echo 750evl with a 28" bar would never see service again but sometimes a guy gets lucky. That saw is 35 years old and still runs like the day it was new. Yes, heavy and slow but a good tool to have for the few large trees we see these days.

Anyway, thanks for the pics...really enjoyed them.

Nice tree. Hope you're ready for a lot of work and wood, I just finished cutting up a similar sized red oak and it was 13 heaping truckloads total. You will need help loading if you plan to quarter the rounds by noodling or splitting.

When it rains it pours,SANY1922.JPG SANY1923.JPG I cut the crooked end to make it square and about halfway through the other the saw died, Kept starting and dying. I noticed fuel running down the side. Well this can't be good. loaded everything up and took it home to discover the fuel line messed up where it goes to the carb. Just ordered another one so no cutting till next week.

When it rains it pours,View attachment 431630 View attachment 431631 I cut the crooked end to make it square and about halfway through the other the saw died, Kept starting and dying. I noticed fuel running down the side. Well this can't be good. loaded everything up and took it home to discover the fuel line messed up where it goes to the carb. Just ordered another one so no cutting till next week.

Man, it's a shame that tree can't be cut into dimensional lumber. Dang that's nice looking.

PS - I hope that tree is still there next week:)

Don't know anyone with a mill, these things are all over the place here. There is a few of them across the street from me, but can't get to them until summer and it dries up some.

And we have to drive a minimum of 75 miles just to cut pine or fir. How lucky you are!!!

Back