damaged piston/cylinder? husqvarna 254xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can hold it by just pull cord and it drops slow it's got some compression enough to fire. Some saws at least run on surprisingly little!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If you can hold it by just pull cord and it drops slow it's got some compression enough to fire. Some saws at least run on surprisingly little!

Nice answer. Tyvm.
When i hold it by cord, I have to sorta help it downwards... Shake it before it moves. Bad or good?

Comp is likely fine....especially if the piston isn't scored. Lift that shorting wire. Ie....don't attach it. See if it fires with brake cleaner.

I *just* did a 394xp today.....fired with brake cleaner. ...no fire when fuel line hooked up. Pulled apart carb for 2nd time....needle was swelled shutting fuel off completely....ugh.

Gotta go through the steps. Detach the kill wire and see if it fires :)

The coil needs the orange ground to function.
When the blue wire is grounded through the off switch it kills the spark, so if the blue is detached at the coil then there is no possibility for the kill wire to be shorted/grounded unintentionally.

Thanks you guys for chiming in to help the OP. I hope tomorrow in Denmark or next time he works with the saw he gets her going! Don't want to give up yet. Hopefully lower end can dry out overnight for the best shot at a good charge getting into the cylinder (brake clean or gas without fuel line connected to keep fuel from tank out of the equation)

Cheers.

When the blue wire is grounded through the off switch it kills the spark, so if the blue is detached at the coil then there is no possibility for the kill wire to be shorted/grounded unintentionally.

Still gave me spark when orange was taken off, will try taking off the blue today. :)

Guess ordering a new is next step? :)

thanks for all the input folks!

update asap, kid broke his arm on the trampolin today...ouch! :(

Will return asap with more info/tests, ordering a new (aftermarket) Ignition Coil. Can anyone confirm that a new "MIGHT" help me get it started? :)

Took of the blue wire, at the coil, no spark at all now. (tested by putting it to cylinderhead, no spark) and goes without saying, no ignition either.

Does it have any saying? ^^

Another question poped up.

The seal on the "flywheel" side, that has a metal plate over it, and is held by 3 screws.

How much do you actually need to "press" that seal into the crankarm? It "fits" the metal plate opening, and therefore I haven't pressed it super hard onto the crankarm.

@Mattyo ? :)

Well, the seal on the bearing under the metal plate. Is that pressed hard into the case as the other seal on the clutch side? Checked your vids many times, cant find any seal fitting on the flywheel side. Only parts with the plastic cover in place. Which i take it is newer model than the metal cover I use. The o ring on my metal cover was replaced with new and sits firmly.

So left is only to replace coil. Gotcha. Damn sure hope she runs soon, haha could have bought a new

Back