Echo CS-330T runs rough on its side or upside down.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bec98x

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Echo Model CS-330T

with a full tank of gas the saw seems to run fine when saw is right side up but if you lean it on its side or try cut upside down it runs rough. does the same at idle.

did a clean on the carb (not rebuild) with no result.

I adjusted L screw as far out as I can but when you throttle up it starts to die, so I screwed it in until throttle responds alright. turned up the idle and does not seems to die anymore but rpms fluctuate still when turned/tipped.

any suggestions?

will a carb rebuild fix this?
specifically (just for me and my brain) what causes this?

Thanks

Is this a new saw or have you had it awhile? Do you think its running out of gas or getting to much. I purchased a cs400 a few weeks ago from home depot. The fuel lines was hooked up wrong. They had the return line that was suppose to be on the primer bulb, hooked up to the carb. You might want to check that if this is a new saw.

Generally it means you are too rich on the low speed needle. The fluctuation is from raw fuel puddling in the crankcase usually. Do a forum search for carb adjustment/tuning and you will find everything you need to know.

Fuel lines are in correct positions.

I did try to lean out the low mixture but then it would be slow to throttle up. I have tried several positions with the low mixture then tipping the saw up on its side and the rpm's still flucuate.

I ended up just turning up the idle so that the rpm changes would not kill the engine.

Thanks anyway.

Back