Echo CS-600P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All mine are stock, but even so they have been excellent for me. Great to see you take one on Brad. :msp_smile:

Last edited:
Nice video Brad!! I was hoping for a third cut through the bigger piece of wood where you really pushed on it. It sounded like some serious midrange at the end of the second cut. Echos usually cut faster not screaming.

I don't know much about echo's quality nowadays but I do know this is built like a tank and is a runner. I would be happy to place it against other 92cc saw out there cord for cord.

New piston and running fat.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gsI4oj5GE7o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leaned out and Cuttin Scott giving her hell. 28"bar 8 pin rim Oregon 72LGX Buried in hard wood.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1-nObbW2Mu0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Echo CS 900EVL is one of my all time favorite saws. I let a friend run mine and he went out and bought a Stihl MS 880 to try and outcut me. With 40" bars buried my 900 still beat his 880. Now in even bigger wood, with a longer bar, he could beat me. Still a very impressive saw that will leave a grin on your face every time you run it. I use mine for stumping duty which shows that it is not lacking in the quality department. Way overbuilt saw.

Mr. HE:cool:

I've been very impressed with it and it is built like a tank. It had a 36" bar on it when I got it and was being used for stump duty.

I wish I could find a wrap handle bar for this saw. I know they are out there cause they are listed on the IPL but I have never seen one. Shoot I have only ever even seen 1 other 900evl

Just drop it guys. I opened a can of worms here that I didn't even know existed. It's a chainsaw. Big deal what brand it is.

Well said.

Brad, Did this cylinder have quad trans? Also was the exhaust port centered or off set? Thanks Sir

Local dealer has these in stock I have found.......

I've been very impressed with it and it is built like a tank. It had a 36" bar on it when I got it and was being used for stump duty.

I wish I could find a wrap handle bar for this saw. I know they are out there cause they are listed on the IPL but I have never seen one. Shoot I have only ever even seen 1 other 900evl

Where was the other one you seen? :msp_biggrin:

I know of one other besides yours and mine, BigBore has a mint one.

Channel would have been a better descriptive word. Best pic I have at the moment.

Piston comp band has channels molded into the top, opening the trans up earlier.

attachment.php

Funny that comes in a production saw. Why didnt they just raise the transfer's? If one thinks about it, what's wrong with doing it that way? A piston is a lot cheaper than a jug. Be a quick and easy way to see what works and what dont......hmmmmm.

Funny that comes in a production saw. Why didnt they just raise the transfer's? If one thinks about it, what's wrong with doing it that way? A piston is a lot cheaper than a jug. Be a quick and easy way to see what works and what dont......hmmmmm.

I think this is there attempt to aid in scavenging by directing the incoming charge.....Just a guess.

Cheap way is right. I used this principal on my 5100s and it worked well enough, I didn't open it back up.

Amen, but you're wasting your time, there is something seriously wrong with pgg. I have never, ever, in my 20 yrs on forums, or usenet, seen anyone so fixated on anything.

Could be that some pin-head got it stuck in something, where he can't see it.
Anyhow, hate is corrosive, and stupid. IMNSHO.

Could be that some pin-head got it stuck in something, where he can't see it.
Anyhow, hate is corrosive, and stupid. IMNSHO.

Is there an online class I can take for this language "IMNSHO"

LOL I'm only thirty two and so far behind already

Since this is a bit derailed...STIABDR
Couldn't resist.

Here is a quick echo I put together.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9SZ5rgZxViA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9SZ5rgZxViA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b30M818fcw4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b30M818fcw4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Wow....

Thanks Brad...Ya know I always joke and cut up with my friends on here about Echo's but all I can say is Wow!!!
Pappy,,this older man I mentioned that lives in Pa. and now moving back here *hell yes* and we gonna start cutting agin but his saw is a JD 45 evl....Is is alot slower than the our Stihls or Huskeys,,but always started in a couple of pulls,,and torque monster...
I'm so glad to see you posted this.....It shows with your skill with differnt type of saws that you can wake up and become a screamer...
The part of people hating on diffrent saws...Heck,,I enjoy something diffrent and why I coundnt pass on the Cub Cadet,,it's Efco,,diffrent,,but life is boring without something diffrent..
Thanks again for postin this Brad,,but all my Echo's friends,,I'll still give ya crap..LOL!!

I have run a few of the '70s Echos, they were solid, but unexciting. I only owned one, a 302. While no ball of fire, it was a good little saw, I always that it had more to give powerwise. They have a very restrictive muffler, I'd bet with a port job and muffler redo, a 302 would scream.

Back