Echo CS-670 or MS-361 or Husky 365

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snoplease

Reaction score
Hi folks

Looking to get a new chain saw. I was considering a Stihl 361 or the husky 365. I can get either one for the same price. Also found an echo CS-670 and can get it for about $150 less. Have use other echo stuff but I don't know anyone who has used the large echo saw.

Any info from a current user would be great.

Thanks

The 365 has the advantage of possibly becoming a 372 or 372bb(78cc)
everyone says the 361 is a hellofa saw and it will be lighter with nice power.
tough choice I guess what are your plans for it?

I am a Stihl person and own a 361. Great saw.
I do hear good things by a few people in here on the Husky.
Stay away from the Echo, no power and built cheap. Of course everything sold at a box store is. Oh wait that is where Husky is sold.:censored:
As I was saying.........................
Welcome and good luck with your decision.:cheers:

Just Mow, :jawdrop:

I differ with you condemning the Echo CS670 as a cheap saw just because Echo sells the lower end saws at a box store. The CS670 may not have the mass following of Stihl or Husky or turn as many rpm's...but I assure you it is not a cheap saw by any means. Have you ever owned or run one?
I have, and it is a good solid saw. JMO

Can't comment on the Stihl or Husky, but I can assure you that the Echo CS-670 is a very good saw. I doubt that you will find any new saw more reliable or durable. As for performance, I am sure that there are others in the same class that are faster, but it is still no slouch. Bang for the buck, the Echo would be very difficult to beat.

I dont own a echo, but have a friend that only runs echo saws. He swears by them. Homeowner used and for firewood cutting during the year. He has 3 total, one being the 670 and he just loves it talks about the money he saved buying a 67cc saw, with a 24" bar+c. Paid $445 out the door. Hasnt ever spoken a bad word about the echo 670 to me.
Just giving you the 2nd hand info here.
Found this at Baileys,Husky 365 for $499.99.
http://store.baileys-online.com/cgi-bin/baileys/5627?mv_session_id=khAsioJp&product_sku=HU 365

Last edited:
In defense of Echo

I have four Echo products. All are well built, start easily, and run good. Echo engines have two piston rings. Some guys are not thrilled by their color scheme (How ya doing FourPaws?) but are you planning on entering it in a beauty contest or working with it?

For what ever reason, I am not a Stihl man, but if I needed a saw that size, based on what has been said on this site, I think that the 361 might be on the top of my list. Although I was looking for a saw that size and bought a Dolmar 7900, not a fair comparison from a cost stand point.

Jim

agreed the 361 seems to be a nice saw.
How much would a p&c kit cost? For 100ish dollars you can get a big bore kit for the 365 and boom 78cc saw, how does that stack up?
I think the 365 provides more options.

rahtreelimbs said:
I have both the 361 and the 670. both are good saws but different IMO. The 670 is more in the size/weight catagory on the 365/372.

Go with thw best price, best dealer.

They are all solid saws!!!
Boy, it looks like I brought out the Echo fans on this one.

I would not buy the Echo, as it has far too little power for its weight. There is a reason why they don't want to publish power ratings....

Ower here the 365 and 361 both have the same max power and max torque, and the 361 is .5 kg (more than a pound) lighter, so for me it was easy to go with the 361.:D

In the US the 361 are rated at .1 kW less max output than the 365, but I believe my choise would have been the same there....;)

never ran a 361, but have owned a pair of 365's for seven years now. Tough, reliable saw. enough said. they did all i wanted to do before I found this site....one is now a moddified 372.

At the added weight of the 365 over the 361, I also would have wanted the extra power of the 372xp/2171.

Have you considered that option?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back