Finally got a running Homelite 150

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
Reaction score
I have picked up several Homelite 150's over the past 6 months including the one I got with my Echo bow saw a couple of weeks ago. However, none of them were runners and I had not had the inclination to put the work into them to change their status.

Saw an ad for an estate sale on Craigslist last night that listed a chainsaw not far from my house. Decided to stop by and take a look and see what other goodies might be available. Turns out the saw was a 150 but it was priced at $40.

I decided to pass and gathered up a couple of Craftsman screwdrivers ($1.00 each), a Craftsman reciprocating saw ($12.00) and a full spool of baling twine ($.50). Went upstairs and asked the checkout woman if they would take less and she indicated we could talk.

Back to the basement and brought the saw up and offered her $25.00.

Homelite150003.jpg

Homelite150005.jpg

She said the family had been asking $60.00 but she agreed to my price. She said there were some chains in a cabinet in the basement so I went down to grab them. The cabinet was nowhere to be found so I opened the door to the garage that said "Do Not Enter" and found it there. As I opened it up the couple who had bought the cabinet came to take it away and agreed to let me have the chain.

This is what I got:

1 saw
3 used chains
1 new Oregon bar
18' of new roller/bicycle chain
Carrying case

Homelite150001.jpg

The case had a service ticket on it from 2001 that said "drain for storage". Brought it home and put fuel and oil in it and after some tinkering got it to run. Has great compression and it will jerk the handle out of your hand when starting.

Good to know I have 3 parts saws to keep this one running.

Last edited:
Bought two of those yesterday, still debating to bay em or fix em. Kind of neat looking saws though.

Nice finds.......

Again, nice finds. When should I be over to pick the 150 up? If you do consider selling, let me know. I have a friend who loves the style of that particular Homelite, and he's trying to get into the hobby. Best, see you soon. Max.

Again, nice finds. When should I be over to pick the 150 up? If you do consider selling, let me know. I have a friend who loves the style of that particular Homelite, and he's trying to get into the hobby. Best, see you soon. Max.

Max,

I have one here at the house that needs a bar a chain that I got with the Echo bow saw a couple of weeks ago. My other 2 are stored at my place in Louisa.

Echobowsaw003.jpg

Let me know if he is interested in it or in my other ones.

Gary

i have one i will be able to sell actually a couple let me know if interested

Latest posts

Back