First impression of the Stihl 241c

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a good thing you guys brought that up , I'd best check my screnches to make sure I have a 10 mm .
Might not have one if the dealer just grabbed one out of a drawer and handed it to me with the saw .
The ten MM is the tread diam of the plug . Just use metric deep drive sockets.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if the thread diameter, reach, and heat range are the same the plug will work?

Don't they make identical plugs but with different size hex dimensions? With the smaller ones for tight clearance applications?

I've only had a couple plugs actually fail over the years. I normally stick to NGK but have a few Champion and a Bosch or two floating around as well.

Tree monkey posted a while back that older plugs take more energy to fire and should be replaced every so often. Makes a lot of sense to me.

OK, since we have people painting Ryobi on their Stihl, what if it really was a 40cc Ryobi? 18" bar full bar in ash, close to 12k in the fattest part:

Yesterday the sprocket tip on that beat old bar blew up, so it has a 16" back on it again.

Back