Heavy Husqy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this thread got on a tangent, but thats alright. Like i said in my OP, these saws felt heavy for what they were just like a ms290 feels heavy. What model of Husqy do i keep my eyes open for that is a good representation of what Husqy is all about? Really want to try one and see how they perform. But also like i have said the only husqvarnas i find around here are sold at farm stores and the like, and if I get a husqy i want it to be a pro series saw.

l am running a 555 with a 15"58dl.325 windsor speed tip and 9pin sprocket....very good on fuel and performance. Feels like many 50cc saws in size and wieght. My ported ms261 is having a rest and so are my ears!;)

The only saw in the 5XX series that weighs as much as an Ms460 is the 576, everything else is over a pound lighter.

Bill,

That's what I thought when I struggled through the first page of this thread.

It could have been a case of a prior lookie-loo putting a 576 back in the wrong spot. More specfically, in the spot with the 562 display tag hanging in front of it.

Well this thread got on a tangent, but thats alright. Like i said in my OP, these saws felt heavy for what they were just like a ms290 feels heavy. What model of Husqy do i keep my eyes open for that is a good representation of what Husqy is all about? Really want to try one and see how they perform. But also like i have said the only husqvarnas i find around here are sold at farm stores and the like, and if I get a husqy i want it to be a pro series saw.

New/current production: 550xp (50cc), 555 (56cc?), 562xp (60cc)

Used/discontinued: 346xp (50cc), 357xp (57cc), 359, (59cc)

That's kinda why I started this thread Jon, I didn't reallybkniw if numbers were right. Answer me this does husqybhave A numbering system that actually makes sense compared to stihl? Is a 5 series is newer or improved over the 4 series? And the last numbers tell cc? Because that would be fantastic if it were the case

That's kinda why I started this thread Jon, I didn't reallybkniw if numbers were right. Answer me this does husqybhave A numbering system that actually makes sense compared to stihl? Is a 5 series is newer or improved over the 4 series? And the last numbers tell cc? Because that would be fantastic if it were the case

Yes, pretty much the last 2 numbers are an indicator of engine size, usually within a couple cc.

The 400 series currently available are homeowner grade. The 300 series were a mix of "better" homeowner grades and pro series which is indicated by the "XP" suffix for the latter.

The funny thing about the 400 series as explained to me at GKS is that they are the same as the old 340, 345, and 350 with the exception that they have cat mufflers and are more EPA friendly.

The 500 series has replaced the 300 series.. you have straight 500's like the 555 that while technically not a pro saw, they share many key quality features in construction.. whereas the 500's with the "XP" suffix are the pro saws.

The 500 series is slowly replacing the 300 series.. We still have the 372, 390, 395 and 3120 (all XP's) but I'm sure their time will come and they will be replaced by similar new design saws of the 500 designation.

I still haven't figured out Stihl's model nomenclature and how it applies to engine size and grade...

In the US Market the more current 4xx saws are Homeowner, and Ranch grade saws. Husqvarna numbering is pretty much the last two digits are roughly the cc displacement.
On modern Husqvarna Pro Saws are given the XP suffix.
@SawTroll, @spike60, and many others can provide more in depth detail, and history than I will ever be able to possibly convey.

Edit: I was attempting to respond, and referee the sibling rivalry here at home.

Back