HELP Quick! MS362 or Makita 6421 ?? Have to choose in 30 min :-\

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Rhoades

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Practically the same price and condition... Leaning toward the 362, but I've been wanting to try out a Makita/Dolmar saw..

And I like that a big bore can bring he 6421 to an 85cc saw.....??!!?!

Help please... Hahaha

Thanks Merc... I'm about a coin flip away, but I'm still thinkin the Stihl. Lol.. Wow. Sure never thought id be this torn over chainsaw choices..

All those summers as a kid cuttin, stacking, and splittin firewood.. Prayed I'd never see another chainsaw as long as I lived. Ha

When I can't decide which one, I get both, when I need to make decision in hurry, I sleep overnight before making that decision, that way I fail only bit more than half of the time :)

I would say Stihl on this one though, it usually is safe choice.

Well, I live in central WV... I'm by Columbus, OH today for work and found them both for sale by individuals....

Needa grab one and head home... But grabbing them both is a great idea :)

I'd do some slick talking and try to buy them both since they're private deals. Sell the one you don't want and get most of your money back on both saws. Then CAD kicks in.

wow. can't believe the 362 won this one. Ive owned 45 ported saws... plus several stock saws, the 362 was the only one I would not own another of. The Makita would absolutely wallop a 362, and you could put a 79cc topend on it later and have a saw with one of the highest, if not highest power to weight ratios.

wow. can't believe the 362 won this one. Ive owned 45 ported saws... plus several stock saws, the 362 was the only one I would not own another of. The Makita would absolutely wallop a 362, and you could put a 79cc topend on it later and have a saw with one of the highest, if not highest power to weight ratios.

How's Her Chinchillas?

Back