Husky 562xp or Jonsered 2260 - What Would You Choose ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I really the only one that thinks the Husky's are far better looking? I mean, the 346/2153, 372/2171 days go to Jonsered easy. These new saws are definitely better in orange.

They actually do, as the silly design of the newer red recoil covers disturbs the looks of the saws.

Imo, the desiding factor is the handlebar angle, the Huskys just handle a little better for limbing etc, because of that. That is very important here, as my birches usually have lots of limbs. :givebeer:

...and big dual dawgs! I'd buy one :cool2:.

I haven't compared internal ipls but I work for a husky dealer and found there are 2 different sets of spikes which may become available. I have the factory spike with the optional outer spike and roller catcher which I had to both add. But there also appears to be a big spike set for the wrap model. Here is mine as it currently sits. :cheers:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

They actually do, as the silly design of the newer red recoil covers disturbs the looks of the saws.

Imo, the desiding factor is the handlebar angle, the Huskys just handle a little better for limbing etc, because of that. That is very important here, as my birches usually have lots of limbs. :givebeer:

Handlebars don't affect looks ;) I think the top cover shape is pretty bad to be honest. The whole saw is kinda funky looking. Husky either had their ish together in design or they purposely sabotaged the red and black in this go-round :D

I haven't compared internal ipls but I work for a husky dealer and found there are 2 different sets of spikes which may become available. I have the factory spike with the optional outer spike and roller catcher which I had to both add. But there also appears to be a big spike set for the wrap model. Here is mine as it currently sits. :cheers:

It looks like you drilled holes in the original clutch cover, to mount the outer dawgs there - but doesn't that mean that they aren't sitting on flat surfaces, as on the 562 clutch cover?

Also, in your last picture it looks like the outer dawgs is sitting a bit to the back, compared to the inner ones? If so, that makes twin dawgs meaningless.

Handlebars don't affect looks ;) I think the top cover shape is pretty bad to be honest. The whole saw is kinda funky looking. Husky either had their ish together in design or they purposely sabotaged the red and black in this go-round :D

Well, you only sell the orange ones, so I assume you aren't totally unbiased? :msp_sneaky:

I tend to agree though! :givebeer:

It sounds like the answer is taking an orange/silver one, strip the paint, and paint it red and black! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::blob2:

Last edited:
Well, you only sell the orange ones, so I assume you aren't totally unbiased? :msp_sneaky:

I tend to agree though! :givebeer:

It sounds like the answer is taking an orange/silver one, strip the paint, and paint it red and black! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::blob2:

I just call it like I see it homie.

It looks like you drilled holes in the original clutch cover, to mount the outer dawgs there - but doesn't that mean that they aren't sitting on flat surfaces, as on the 562 clutch cover?

Also, in your last picture it looks like the outer dawgs is sitting a bit to the back, compared to the inner ones? If so, that makes twin dawgs meaningless.

I did have to drill the outer clutch cover, but only through the paint. The holes were already there, along with the spaces to hold the hex nuts. And the pictures did not come out the best, but trust me, the dogs align perfectly.

attachment.php

The lower point of the outer spike is harder to see but it is there.
attachment.php

I did have to drill the outer clutch cover, but only through the paint. The holes were already there, along with the spaces to hold the hex nuts. And the pictures did not come out the best, but trust me, the dogs align perfectly.

attachment.php

The lower point of the outer spike is harder to see but it is there.
attachment.php

I am not surpriced really - pictures can be misleading when they are taken at angles! :)

Last edited:
Did you have a chance to look at the STIHL saws. They have the correct handlebar angle and the dealer support is great. I UNDERSTAND buying what is AVAILABLE used. Money can get tight for all of us.

Did you have a chance to look at the STIHL saws. They have the correct handlebar angle and the dealer support is great. I UNDERSTAND buying what is AVAILABLE used. Money can get tight for all of us.

Stihl is lagging a bit behind in development at the moment - there isn't much to consider in their model line-up, with the possible exception of the MS241....

You cant be serious.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Dead serious - and Stihl even has to pay Husky to use some of their technology, but of course they don't get the latest version. It was the EU that more or less forced Husky to sell rights to use some technology to Stihl, to avoid what they thought could be a monopoly situation on the market. ;)

Dead serious - and Stihl even has to pay Husky to use some of their technology, but of course they don't get the latest version. It was the EU that more or less forced Husky to sell rights to use some technology to Stihl, to avoid what they thought could be a monopoly situation on the market. ;)

Do you have a link to this situation? I'm curious in reading about this technology usage.

You cant be serious.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:
Actually, I agree with Troll- right now I think in terms of technological advancement, Husqvarna are the leaders. I'm hearing all sorts of complaints from people who bought new Stihls too...they just don't think they are what their old ones were. But opinions are like bum holes...:cool2:

BTW, having just unboxed a 2252, 2253 and 2258...I go red for sure. The recoil covers actually don't look as 'off' in person. IMO. ;)

I don't understand the recoil cover thing on the 2260! It looks fine to me. Now the silver clutch on the 562 :msp_mad: And I have a 576:msp_mad:

hello; in trying to decide between sredcs2260 auto tune ;i ran it and love it-however johnsred warrentty is not as reliable as echo,my new 2166 has been a lemmon, it flodded the firdt 3 days i owned it 9-23-14 ran maybe 4 tanks of fuel though it now oil broke -no bar oil, its at comstock waiting to see if under warrenty, i cut my finger in half never ran a saw till late oct, but priced a 562xp both saws 20inch and only 30 dollors difference, both dealers have good rep.just dont have the reason to drop almost 679 on another sred, do i buy the husky, or sred, and before things get out of hand, i keep them stock, or ill buy 2 more echo 590 that cuts every day, for 399,99, please give good advise from the guys that run both,

Latest posts

Back