Husky 562xp or Jonsered 2260 - What Would You Choose ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsrsol84mm

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I understand that they are very similar but my understanding is that the Jonsered 2260 takes a small Husky mount bar and the 562xp
takes the large husky mount bar. Looks like the Techlite 20" bar is only available in large mount for the 562xp and could be the deciding factor ?

Which one would you go with ?

Thanks

I understand that they are very similar but my understanding is that the Jonsered 2260 takes a small Husky mount bar and the 562xp
takes the large husky mount bar. Looks like the Techlite 20" bar is only available in large mount for the 562xp and could be the deciding factor ?

Which one would you go with ?

Thanks

I LOVE my 562, but haven't ran a 2260

I have the 562xp and i like the angled handle better on the Huskys.

Same here!

But I do like the small bar mount of the Jred, but no small mount Techlite bars. So I'll stick with orange...

Yep, and yep....I want the handle of the Husqy. The mount size and weight advantage of the J-red. And it would be nice if the Techlite bars came in small mounts.

Thanks for the replies.

Pretty much what I thought. It's the bar that makes the difference and from what I have heard that techlite 20" bar is
fantastic.

Thanks Again

What 20" bar 3/8 .050 would you run on the 2260 ?

Total/Tsumura which is what my dealer carries.Also one of the edges the 2260 has over the Dolmar 6100,Jred doesn't stick you with a bar you may or may not want.

Last edited:
J-red is prettier and lighter. Saw one last weekend. Love my 555..a 2260 is a nice red & black version with the 562xp goodies....curious about price. I want one of those 2260's too. Run the 555 and look at the 2260!:rock:

Total/Tsunami which is what my dealer carries.Also one of the edges the 2260 has over the Dolmar 6100,Jred doesn't stick you with a bar you may or may not want.

Tsumura! ;)
The Tsumura light would have been Nice, if you can find one,,,,

Total/Tsunami which is what my dealer carries.Also one of the edges the 2260 has over the Dolmar 6100,Jred doesn't stick you with a bar you may or may not want.
I always offer the customer the chance to swap bars to any one they want when they buy. All 6400+ Dolmars are PHO, maybe the 6100 will be. That being said, for most the type of bar on there is fine, they just want to swap length sometimes.

Now...I actually kind of don't like the PHO set up on the mid (think 2252) level Jonsereds as I want all logo'd bars on the shelf, and the only ones are the top end Totals...so then the issue next is: Do I price the tag as PHO then go through the hassle of explaining that on top of the price they have to buy the B+C, or do I price it with B+C included. Now, on a 'mid' price level saw, that pro bar is going to make it seem high. So then you have to go through offering them a lower level bar- and then they don't like that it doesn't say Jonsered... OH JOY! Hope that made sense.

I always offer the customer the chance to swap bars to any one they want when they buy. All 6400+ Dolmars are PHO, maybe the 6100 will be. That being said, for most the type of bar on there is fine, they just want to swap length sometimes.

Now...I actually kind of don't like the PHO set up on the mid (think 2252) level Jonsereds as I want all logo'd bars on the shelf, and the only ones are the top end Totals...so then the issue next is: Do I price the tag as PHO then go through the hassle of explaining that on top of the price they have to buy the B+C, or do I price it with B+C included. Now, on a 'mid' price level saw, that pro bar is going to make it seem high. So then you have to go through offering them a lower level bar- and then they don't like that it doesn't say Jonsered... OH JOY! Hope that made sense.

Makes perfect sense for selling to the general public.And I think the PHO on the bigger Dolmars may be the different distributor you are under than I am here.I can see how you want to keep saws on the shelf with bars for display purposes but shelfing them PHO would give you the chance at two different profit points to work(the saw and the bar).

Makes perfect sense for selling to the general public.And I think the PHO on the bigger Dolmars may be the different distributor you are under than I am here.I can see how you want to keep saws on the shelf with bars for display purposes but shelfing them PHO would give you the chance at two different profit points to work(the saw and the bar).
Either way, the bar is being sold anyway, so...A shelf of PHO does not have the certain something that a shelf of saws sporting Total bars does. :msp_wink:

Back