Husky 562xp or Jonsered 2260 - What Would You Choose ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:msp_biggrin: Works great with a thin homemade plate between the bar and clutch cover. The oil used to ooze out the captured nuts because of the combo mount.

attachment.php

Last edited:
As the 562xp would probably be my largest saw it seems like there are more bar options for the Husky 562xp rather than the 2260. That techlite 20 inch bar really looks like a winner and no homemade adapter plates required. Would also look at getting a 24" bar for occasional use.

359!:rock: between the two mentioned..... Id probably go with husq 562. The 562 design is a little futuristic for my taste but I think Jonsered went a little backwards in their design. Much prefer the older Jonsered look to the new. Biggest design flaw for me on the Jonsered is the ugly recoil housing assembly. Ive always like the Jonsered look better than Husq but think with the new line they could have done a little better job on the finishing touches.

Beat to hell and back. Runs like new. Gets my vote :D

ubuzu2az.jpg

uzapyjyv.jpg

ape3u3e5.jpg

That is an early 562xp fyi, one of the ones that everybody here on AS freaks out about because it doesn't have the latest updates in ignition, carb, programming, etc. Running the original case gasket and non updated case screws too!

Last edited:
359!:rock: between the two mentioned..... Id probably go with husq 562. The 562 design is a little futuristic for my taste but I think Jonsered went a little backwards in their design. Much prefer the older Jonsered look to the new. Biggest design flaw for me on the Jonsered is the ugly recoil housing assembly. Ive always like the Jonsered look better than Husq but think with the new line they could have done a little better job on the finishing touches.
I go along with that, the recoil cover isn't my favorite. Still, from behind and through a cloud of wood chips you'll never know! I've never liked the look of Huskys really- but I think the silver makes then look real good. Each to their own. :)

Agreed on the 359 being a great saw- I have one 2159 left and I am tempted to keep it...but I have 4 Dolmars just for the heck of it now!

I agree about those starter covers, they disturb the looks of the saws.

I take the 560xpg, but am unsure what I would do if I was in the US.....:givebeer:

I bought the xpg edition for cutting trees for firewood wood during the winter.
Then I wanted the lighter weight 562 so I got a xp with a Techlight bar.
Still wanting a lighter weight saw I'm trying the 2260 now.
With the 562xp sitting idle, decided that it was time to have it modified and......... time will tell!

Next winters saw project are a pair of new 2159's:rock:

I like the Black and red version for the looks. I have got to know my local dealer pretty well and he has offered to trade 2 of my rebuilt 2150's and for me to pay the tax for a 2260. He has me thinking hard. They came out just recently in my area and most are a bit shy to be among the first to pick one up. I watched as one guy grabbed the handle to pick one up as the dealer said, ''thats the new 2260 with the electronic carb''. The guy let it go like it burned him, and grabbed for a 2166 sitting beside it. He ended up walking out the door with the 2166. A heavier saw with just a slight edge on hp.
I handled the 2260 with a 20'' bar and it balanced perfect but am still A bit shy. I'd like to be sure they got all of the bugs worked out, but then again.....it does look nice and feels great.

Back