Husky 562xp or Jonsered 2260 - What Would You Choose ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello; in trying to decide between sredcs2260 auto tune ;i ran it and love it-however johnsred warrentty is not as reliable as echo,my new 2166 has been a lemmon, it flodded the firdt 3 days i owned it 9-23-14 ran maybe 4 tanks of fuel though it now oil broke -no bar oil, its at comstock waiting to see if under warrenty, i cut my finger in half never ran a saw till late oct, but priced a 562xp both saws 20inch and only 30 dollors difference, both dealers have good rep.just dont have the reason to drop almost 679 on another sred, do i buy the husky, or sred, and before things get out of hand, i keep them stock, or ill buy 2 more echo 590 that cuts every day, for 399,99, please give good advise from the guys that run both,

Say what ? :dizzy:

you guys never stay on topic,if someone has excperience with both, ill listen, dont need stupid remarts, i own 9 huskys, some bought new in 88-89 dont run them much any more, the subject is on the 2260 vs 562xp tp thoose that run both, STAY ON SUBJECT, I HAVE MANY SAWS, BUT WANT A LIGHT WEIGHT POWER HOUSE,ONLY REPLY IF KNOWLAGABLE. BOTH DEALERS ARE VERY CAPABLE. COMSTOCK -JOHNSRED SACANDAGA HUSKY,

you guys never stay on topic,if someone has excperience with both, ill listen, dont need stupid remarts, i own 9 huskys, some bought new in 88-89 dont run them much any more, the subject is on the 2260 vs 562xp tp thoose that run both, STAY ON SUBJECT, I HAVE MANY SAWS, BUT WANT A LIGHT WEIGHT POWER HOUSE,ONLY REPLY IF KNOWLAGABLE. BOTH DEALERS ARE VERY CAPABLE. COMSTOCK -JOHNSRED SACANDAGA HUSKY,

Im lost in this post
remarts- Remarks?
knowledgeable
Comstock?
Jonsered not johnsered
SACANDAGA HUSKY- not sure what this is... Scandinavia Husqvarna? Husky comes from Home Depot. No relation to Husqvarna.

As has been mentioned already....both saws in review here have the same engine. The differences are in handle angle and bar mount pattern, maybe a small weight difference and the color. Comes down to your preferences and dealer preference. And by the way, the 2260 and 562 will cut much faster than the echo 590 from personal experience.

Telling these guys to "STAY ON SUBJECT" ain't goin to work very good for ya bubba!

I have the 562 and have liked it so far. I have run a couple of ported 562s and a couple of ported 2260s. They are both fun saws to run. I went with the 562 because I got a good deal and I already had several bars that would work on it. They are basically the same saw as far as the engine but differ in handle bar angle and bar mounts are different. The 562 weighs a few more ounces and I believe the air filters are some what different.

hello; in trying to decide between sredcs2260 auto tune ;i ran it and love it-however johnsred warrentty is not as reliable as echo,my new 2166 has been a lemmon, it flodded the firdt 3 days i owned it 9-23-14 ran maybe 4 tanks of fuel though it now oil broke -no bar oil, its at comstock waiting to see if under warrenty, i cut my finger in half never ran a saw till late oct, but priced a 562xp both saws 20inch and only 30 dollors difference, both dealers have good rep.just dont have the reason to drop almost 679 on another sred, do i buy the husky, or sred, and before things get out of hand, i keep them stock, or ill buy 2 more echo 590 that cuts every day, for 399,99, please give good advise from the guys that run both,
I have no f*cking idea what you're trying to convey as a message here... But the difference between the 562 and 2260 (or 560 in Europe) is the bar mount pattern. So do you want large mount bars 15-28" or small mount bars 13-24" (12" if you drop a picco rim on it ;) )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey guys i heard this from my husky/redmax dealer that redmax saws next year will look the same as jonsered saws!

hey guys i heard this from my husky/redmax dealer that redmax saws next year will look the same as jonsered saws!

I thought they had pulled the Redmax brand from the US market? The saws still are sold elsewhere though, under the original Zenoah name.....

Back