Husqvarna 450 or Dolmar 421?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husqvarna 450 or Dolmar 421

• Husqvarna 450

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Dolmar 421

Votes: 48 73.8%

• Total voters
"cat perverter" = funny :laugh:

One fellow here--who was not popular because he was abrasive in at least 80% of his post, esp towards newbies--once posted years ago that he "buggered" one of his saws :eek:.

Back then there were some pretty wild folks here; y'all can imagine the fun they had with that comment.

I had the oiler turned all of the way up yesterday while felling and then cutting a stump. I thought it was smoking in the stump but it looks like it was perhaps moisture from the tree and the oil evaporating? At any rate, got'er done but I'm tossing the chain in the ultrasonic cleaner since it's caked with carbon. I suppose I'm babying my chains :D

speaking of oiler on the 421.

3 settings on mine and when i turn it to the right (1 o'clock) it seems to be at max # 3 setting, now if I depress the screw in and press it hard, it sinks in deeper and I get another turn to the right. I don`t think this is one of the 3 settings at it needs depressing the screw hard, but it does seem to oil even better at this location when in bigger wood. Has anyone found this on their EA4300/421?

I don't see any sense at all in forcing saws to oil more than they do. The times of oil flowing all over, just to satisfy some false sense of security, are in my eyes long over. With a regular 15 inch bar I have no problems whatsoever in the middle setting. Of course I donot recomend a bar length over 16 inch on such a saw size irrespective of model/brand.

I don't see any sense at all in forcing saws to oil more than they do. The times of oil flowing all over, just to satisfy some false sense of security, are in my eyes long over. With a regular 15 inch bar I have no problems whatsoever in the middle setting. Of course I donot recomend a bar length over 16 inch on such a saw size irrespective of model/brand.

It's not forcing anything, it's making a conscious decision to use another setting on the adjustable by design oiler.

speaking of oiler on the 421.

3 settings on mine and when i turn it to the right (1 o'clock) it seems to be at max # 3 setting, now if I depress the screw in and press it hard, it sinks in deeper and I get another turn to the right. I don`t think this is one of the 3 settings at it needs depressing the screw hard, but it does seem to oil even better at this location when in bigger wood. Has anyone found this on their EA4300/421?

Not me. Better ask @fordf150

Nah, just checking to see if anyone here notices something about that Glock 19.

Put that thing away, seriously hoping your giving me a skewed view of how dangerous it is in your part of the world. I mean what are the chances of some nut case walking into you property and saying "stick em up punk and hand me your Dolmar 421". Lets face it they would never have heard of Dolmar unless they've been on AS. Just tell em its pronounced Dolmaar in a Chinese accent and you bought it from ebay China for $12.99 delivered.

Put that thing away, seriously hoping your giving me a skewed view of how dangerous it is in your part of the world. I mean what are the chances of some nut case walking into you property and saying "stick em up punk and hand me your Dolmar 421". Lets face it they would never have heard of Dolmar unless they've been on AS. Just tell em its pronounced Dolmaar in a Chinese accent and you bought it from ebay China for $12.99 delivered.

I'll never post a pic on here again without a gun in it :D

I'll never post a pic on here again without a gun in it :D

IME at least 90% of the active members here are pro-firearms and that includes handguns. You're obviously proud of your Glock, rightfully so, but including it in photos of your saw in akin to preaching to the choir. Honestly, doing so makes you look like a kid who just lost his virginity and can't stop talking about it.

And yes, I noticed that you included a :D in your post.

Ya ... the Makita's stock 18" bar is working hard to get enough oil when buried. I know the saw is better suited to <16" bar but haven't bought one yet and just wondering if this last 'sunken' oiler setting is actually supposed to be there - guessing not, but it does seem to oil better on the 18" with it there.

IME at least 90% of the active members here are pro-firearms and that includes handguns. You're obviously proud of your Glock, rightfully so, but including it in photos of your saw in akin to preaching to the choir. Honestly, doing so makes you look like a kid who just lost his virginity and can't stop talking about it.

And yes, I noticed that you included a :D in your post.

I enjoy the banter with our international members plus you seem to have missed this post from me (no one has caught it yet):

I caught a bit of flack from one guy here over a gun pic so I have been enjoying posting the pics to see who else had an issue with certain inanimate objects. I'm also fairly handy with my carry guns, having won a match or two with them (am I still a virgin gun owner?) but if my pictures that include guns bother you feel free to click Ignore as it won't bother me. If I'm breaking a forum rule, let me know or report me.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    237.4 KB · Views: 28
Gen 2? target sights are the only difference I can see? I can't see much detail on the back plate, I was looking for a fun switch but I can't see what I'm usually looking for as far as a fun switch

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back