Husqvarna 450 or Dolmar 421?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husqvarna 450 or Dolmar 421

• Husqvarna 450

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Dolmar 421

Votes: 48 73.8%

• Total voters
Cool I'll try and read that in a little bit. I noticed there was a difference just couldn't see exactly what was different

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'll never post a pic on here again without a gun in it :D

The glock lost its mojo in the 80s after everyone ended up buying them. Now if you don't want someone to think it's your 16 year old daughters guns, you need something a bit less refined, and maybe more east european. Like this thing.

800px-CZ_75_SP-01.jpg

The glock lost its mojo in the 80s after everyone ended up buying them. Now if you don't want someone to think it's your 16 year old daughters guns, you need something a bit less refined, and maybe more east european. Like this thing.

800px-CZ_75_SP-01.jpg
I shoot my friends frequently. I haven't seen a sp01 for myself to get in years though. The most accurate handgun I have ever shot

Last off topic post but this was our last range trip had well over 3000 rounds and shot until we couldn't physically load magazines anymore lol.
a40b485b5e0588f2df0cab7b2a738ffd.jpg

A couple of my SIG's were in the safe and I didn't have room for them to come play.

Back on topic, not that I mind the thread drift that I started :D

23 tanks so far on my 421. Had an Oregon 91VXL chain come off twice and each time the teeth that ride i the groove on the bar needed filing afterwards. I absolutely had the chain pretty tight too, it was certainly not loose. I believe that I need to try a Stihl chain. Are all "picco" chains low profile?

23 tanks so far on my 421. Had an Oregon 91VXL chain come off twice and each time the teeth that ride i the groove on the bar needed filing afterwards. I absolutely had the chain pretty tight too, it was certainly not loose. I believe that I need to try a Stihl chain. Are all "picco" chains low profile?

My understanding is that for Stihl "picco" = oregon 3/8 low profile,

Probably to avoid confusion with regular 3/8.

To further derail this thread my oldest boy (8yo) shot his first center fire memorial day, 9mm from a G2 compact Glock.

I only gave him one round in the mag and he had a bit of a hard time with the large grip but a few minutes of coaching and he let it rip, he has not been able to shut up about it since. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

My understanding is that for Stihl "picco" = oregon 3/8 low profile,

Probably to avoid confusion with regular 3/8.
I have seen Oregon put a trademark symbol next to low profile in some of their literature. Picco is a Stihl trademarked word. I have found three product lines that Stihl puts picco on, the 3/8 "lo profile" stuff in both 0.050 and o.043 gauge and the 1/4 pitch in 0.043. While the parts that contact the bar and the drive portions of the sprocket are interchangeable say 63pm vs 91vxl the rivet size at the pivot, the thickness of the tie strap the height of the cutting edge above the sliding surface are all more on the Stihl Picco in both 3/8 classes.

I don't think that I'm missing anything but am confused (I'm admittedly dumb) by your nomenclature.
I think it is on post 291 there are missing parts in the picture you posted. an e clip and a washer of sorts. Perhaps you just had them off at the time of the picture.

Attachments

• spur missing e clip and washer.jpg
    spur missing e clip and washer.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 15
That washer prevents the chain from sliding off the end of the drive spur, may have got knocked off when your chains came off?

If you have to buy parts I would loo at going ahead and swapping the spur drive for a rim drive.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If you have to buy parts I would loo at going ahead and swapping the spur drive for a rim drive.
I tried to bring this up before he decided what model or brand chainsaw to buy but did not intend on getting anything extra like bars or sprockets. There is not really a good rim drive for the 3/8lp unless you get a Stihl saw.

Latest posts

Back