McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was only 7:30. I hate this time change business:( So does this mean that I officially have yellow fever? I'm sure glad I didn't have to start out like you did! You can have all the corrosion to yourself:clap:

Ha ha. Yes that was quite a project. But it runs great, just had it out a couple of weeks ago. That one will always be my favorite. 7:30? Thats late for me, kids are already in bed, and I am starting to think about it for myself some nights:smile2:. And lets see, you bought a 797, and before you even had it you already had a 125 and 101 on the way. Well if you dont have yellow fever your well on the way LOL. Once you put the 797 in some wood there is no going back!! Your better off sending it and the 101 to me and save yourself, it already too late for me:clap:.

Now that I know what it is, it's time to hit up SCS for a new decal.

Super797.jpg

Nice saw Brad. Yes you are getting yellow fever quick. To start that saw you can use the decomp. Just unhook the black lkever on the right and it should get a lot easier. Wait till you have to start a 101b with fresh rings and no decomp at all. :rock:

Nice saw Brad. Yes you are getting yellow fever quick. To start that saw you can use the decomp. Just unhook the black lkever on the right and it should get a lot easier. Wait till you have to start a 101b with fresh rings and no decomp at all. :rock:

So there is a DSP, did I get that right, on this saw? What lever are you talking about? Wow, what a rookie:msp_confused:

Also Brad, I would highly recommend that you pull out the cord a bit before shutting it off, as it runs backwards a half turn after it stops, the pawls engage, and it yanks the rope into the starter.

Nice saw Brad. Wait till you have to start a 101b with fresh rings and no decomp at all. :rock:

Ya, Tell me about it. They flat out S%$#CK to start.

You guys are doing good. Keep me on the straight and narrow now:rock:

Are we teaching Brad how to start a chainsaw.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Lee

You're fine and/or ruined Brad!

To keep the saw from going all over the log, use its own weight to your advantage. Pull it over slowly to find tdc, reset the starter handle, then all in one motion slightly push the saw forward with the left hand and rip the syarter with the right. If you think like trying to pull a table cloth out from under the silverware, you got it. Just don't sissy start it because if it catches and pops backwards, you'll swear your fingers left with the starter.

Ahh, I think I see it in this pic.

4-M.jpg

Here are some pics of the decomp, that were posted for me when I was building mine.

Here are some pic's that show the Decomp system.
It is not just a valve like the SP125. Hope this helps.

Lee

797decomp001.jpg

797decomp002.jpg

797decomp003.jpg

797decomp004.jpg

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

nice saw lee! i sure like what you do with them.
had a valve out last nite, cleaning the passages. its neat how the gasses are routed down through the exhaust port. here's a couple more pics of the valve FWIW.

Back