McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's up with the "needles" on this HL-360A?

!Bfhn+WQBmk~$(KGrHqEOKjEErylGqih6BLBqseodhg~~_12.JPG

I got to play with the SP 81 a little this last week in elk camp cutting up some red fir for the camp stove. Every one in camp is or was a logger, with the exception of myself, and really enjoyed watching and listening to the old McCulloch work. Funny thing was I was the main source of firewood for the camp cutting 95% of the wood used and also filling my neighbors little ford truck with logs every day for his wood stove at home, here is a pic of a average load sorry I didn't get a pic of the SP 81 the saw in the pic did most of the cutting so it got featured and only because of the weight issue and the fact I was tired at the end of the day from chasing elk up and down the mountain.

Glad to hear you had a good time elk hunting and running the SP-81, even though you didn't get an elk......................and you gave preference to running the creamsicle. :msp_wink:

Last edited:
Would this be a desireable muffler for my build?

$(KGrHqQOKokE6fw6Vc7dBOrud441JQ~~60_12.JPG

I was looking at that one, but I don't really like the direction of the outlet on that muffler. Never seen that particular one on a chainsaw. Not sure how it would work to be honest. Below is the GEM muffler I have on my kart saw:

003-1.jpg

I think piston clearance around .004-.005 ought to do just fine.

Forget who, but one of these guys has a GEM muffler just like that for his 101. Mine's getting a turndown pipe similar to Lee's megaphone.

I spent all day cleaning up for the fall outside. Walked past the 791R numerous times, but the only "action" I got stopped at lusty stares...
Need some time to put a bow on that one and then dive on the 101. Still need a Sloper and reeds for it, carb kit, bar plates, copper head gasket, starter screen, bar tensioner, clutch center... and time :msp_tongue:.

Anyone ever tried making adapters for, and using a large mount Stihl bar on a Mac 125? I have a nice roller nose but is a 3002 Stihl mount.

I know the slot is way bigger. Not sure about the tensioner, but you could drill a new hole. Not sure about the oiler either. It is fairly easy to adapt a large mount Homelite, I think just the oiler hole needs to move a little. A bit of work with the Stihl though.

Anyone ever tried making adapters for, and using a large mount Stihl bar on a Mac 125? I have a nice roller nose but is a 3002 Stihl mount.

I think Deprime was making an adaptor for Macs recently, with the possibility of producing additional pieces for others in the future. I'm not possitive, but I believe Chris B has adapted large Stihl bars to large Homelites. Somebody (I believe it was Chris) posted pics of his Homelite wearing an adapted Stihl bar in the Homelite section about a year ago. If it can be done for a Homelite, it can be done for a Mac....as the bar mounts are similar as JP mentioned.

Here she is gents, the 797 that is. What a monster! I just about have to stand on this thing to start it, lol. I haven't even as much as put a screwdriver to the carb. I dribbled a little fuel in the carb and it fired right up. It restarts easily with no choke after 30 minutes. So what do I have here, a 797 or a Super 797?

VIDEO

IMG7885-M.jpg

IMG7882-M.jpg

IMG7884-M.jpg

IMG7883-M.jpg

IMG7886-M.jpg

Last edited:
Identity crisis lol

Hey guys. I could use some help if u please. Im goin thru some of the unknowns in my dads collection. Have an early ten series. Block num 15271. Anybody know for sure i appreciate. I thinkn maybe 2 10

Brad, You have a very nice early Super 797.
I think the April 69 Super 797 IPL shows the
Tilly HL carb like what you have. I have 3 just
like yours with the 103 carb. All Supers came
painted all yellow. Regular 797's had black
tank top and filter cover.

Get her in wood and lets see a video.

Lee

Brad, You have a very nice early Super 797.
I think the April 69 Super 797 IPL shows the
Tilly HL carb like what you have. I have 3 just
like yours with the 103 carb. All Supers came
painted all yellow. Regular 797's had black
tank top and filter cover.

Get her in wood and lets see a video.

Lee

Excellent. That's what I like to hear.

Latest posts

Back