McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAHA. Yellow is going to start spreading across his sig like an infection after he tries that kartsaw...

One thing I just thought of. When you rebuild the BDC, there's a duckbill valve in there that is close to unobtainium. I can't remember off the top of my head, but there was a kart parts dealer somwhere that had some and, I believe, there is a Homelite one that can be had easier that will fit. Sorry, don't have the details to hand as I haven't gotten into that one just yet.

Don't know if this is the same Homelite duckbill valve your talking about CPR, " Oregon 07-004, replaces Homelite 69451" If this is indeed the piece you need you can get them from most any parts house.

Brad, as I stated in my post I found the sloper v4 on a kart forum. I joined and posted a classified; I got a response almost immediately. Good guy and easy purchase. Unfortunately, I was looking for two but they booted me off the site before I could check for other replies (You must use your first and last name as your user name. In ignorance, I registered as I have here. Their software wouldn't let me go back and fix it but it kept me in the system long enough to buy one). Ron

I picked this 850 up today. It needs an airfilter. What other saw models use the same filter? Also, the chain brake lever just floats, is it supposed to lock into position? All that's there is the band and lever... no springs?

IMG_4277.jpg

IMG_4280.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg

I picked this 850 up today. It needs an airfilter. What other saw models use the same filter? Also, the chain brake lever just floats, is it supposed to lock into position? All that's there is the band and lever... no springs?

IMG_4277.jpg

IMG_4280.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg

Should be a coiled spring, these were busted by idiots often times. Fits on the outside of the cover, under the handle. Lots of fun to re-install. Many different Macs used the same spring. Air filters are still available, NOS or aftermarket.

Are we thinking pipe and a Wild Thing type port job?

Thanks Jeff. Got any pics of these springs in place. I checked an ipl, but it didn't show anything. No pipe on this one. Porting... maybe.

Thank u guys for the info on the mac paint. Starting the sp 80 project with my dad. Thinkn paint and decals as a surprise for the old man

For paint I just use normal Rustoleum yellow. I then top coat it with Minwax High Gloss Polyurethane for gasoline resistance. This tint is a little deeper, and seems to match the 70's Mac paint very well.

Here is a picture of my 7-10 that I painted, followed by the stock PM850 from above for comparison.

001-1.jpg

IMG_4280.jpg

Thanks Jeff. Got any pics of these springs in place. I checked an ipl, but it didn't show anything. No pipe on this one. Porting... maybe.

Looks like you are missing more than just the spring - possibly the whole latch assembly. Fortunately the 850 and 700 share the same cover as do some 10-10s, so a replacement cover or a broken cover withthe parts should be easy to find. See page 4 of 1979 IPL. Ron

$300 sp125

Anyone interested in a SP125 with a new muffler and muffler cover for about $300? I have no specifics just a contact from a good parts supplier who emailed me asking if I was interested in such a saw. If $300 is out of your range (assuming it is a decent working saw) then don't respond as I am not interested in sending him contacts of folks who just want to hammer him on the price. Ron

Arrowhead - in case you only get a handful of parts, this should help you figure out how it all goes together.

Fact is, they are pretty easy to assemble, I just hook the spring on the handle and carefully work it back into position.

Mark

Thanks for the diagram Mark. :bowdown:

Yes, I'm missing the complete latch assembly/spring. All that's there is the band and lever.

Ed

My 73, all dressed up with the fuel tank badging. Looks so much nicer. Once I get the primer parts in the mail I should haven't to fool around with dumping fuel in thru the muffler. I also have a shorter bar/chain in the works to make the saw more usable for my area.

Chris B.

mac73_5.jpg

mac73_6.jpg

Latest posts

Back