McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have PNs for 101B crank seals that I could pick up at the local bearing house? How about a source for head gaskets?

I would think that you can make your own head gaskets. You like playing with the "squish" anyways. The head gasket thickness has the ability to change the compression without altering the port timing, just as a popup piston does. There is obviously a bit more pressure and heat on the top end of the saw, but I would think simple aluminum sheet would work.

This guy can probably give you everything you need.

MARMAX'S Karts and Parts 1-905-934-6299
He is in canada but is a very fast shipper. He ships
out of NY. I usually have stuff in 1 to 2 days.

Lee

A thought on the marmax kit. I bought one and it has the aluminum head gasket, yet the ipl shows the head right on the jug with a copper fire ring in a machined recess. I need that copper fire ring for mine. My ported 101 does not have anything between the head and jug, either.

EDIT: AARRRGH, the karters have hi-jacked the mac thread:chainsaw:.

Last edited:
This guy can probably give you everything you need.

MARMAX'S Karts and Parts 1-905-934-6299
He is in canada but is a very fast shipper. He ships
out of NY. I usually have stuff in 1 to 2 days.

Lee

I second that, he has got stuff to me in a couple of days as well.

parts and numbers lol

hey guys. Heimann i saw in another thread where u were looking for a .354 sprocketnose bar. I dug thru my parts and dont have one but do have a 10 series sprocket that I think is .354 if u are interested it looks to be gd shape with little wear. I will mic the chain tonight to try and verify the pitch. Let me know if you are interested in it.
Also can anyone identify a ten series block num for me. It is stamped 15271 thank you alll

hey guys. Heimann i saw in another thread where u were looking for a .354 sprocketnose bar. I dug thru my parts and dont have one but do have a 10 series sprocket that I think is .354 if u are interested it looks to be gd shape with little wear. I will mic the chain tonight to try and verify the pitch. Let me know if you are interested in it.
Also can anyone identify a ten series block num for me. It is stamped 15271 thank you alll

There should be a little metal tag in side the carb box that has the serial number on it.

10 series id

Nope no tag in airbox. No rivets to mount it on either like the rest of my 10 10 saws. Has mac flatbac and rh start. Got it tore down on bench. Only num i can find is block number.

Nope no tag in airbox. No rivets to mount it on either like the rest of my 10 10 saws. Has mac flatbac and rh start. Got it tore down on bench. Only num i can find is block number.

Got any pictures? You sure you're not confusing a flatback with a bullfrog? I've never seen a flatback in a X-10.

Brown left me another 36" roller on the porch. This must continue... A little sanding and on the SR-101 it goes.

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back