New Makita

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saws and cordless powertools pretty much sums up my buying the last few weeks. Still on the hunt for a few Makita 18v toys like:
jig-saw
planer
angle grinder

There was a crack-head deal on craigslist but I couldn't bring myself to profit from suspected stolen goods so I passed, bugger it.

image.jpeg
Those are 2 nice saws you got there.
Thank you. I loved the pair they replaced but the new pair are light years ahead. Can't say just how impressive this new pair are. Super smooth and loads of grunt from both. Got this cut and split in short order yesterday just ahead of incoming cold front.

Saws and cordless powertools pretty much sums up my buying the last few weeks. Still on the hunt for a few Makita 18v toys like:
jig-saw
planer
angle grinder

There was a crack-head deal on craigslist but I couldn't bring myself to profit from suspected stolen goods so I passed, bugger it.
My eyes are fixed on the Maruyama. At that price id buy it just for spare parts. Maybe 2 of them for lots of spare parts. I'm betting I end up with one shortly.:)

That maruyama is 499.00 on ebay isn't that funny i would pick one up from amazon but i have 5 50cc saws those dolmars are good running saws.

I can see keeping the Makita name over Dolmar but I just can't understand marketing a red Makita!!! They are supposed to be blue like all of my carpentry tools!!!!

(Cool that you got a blue one before they are gone).

I can see keeping the Makita name over Dolmar but I just can't understand marketing a red Makita!!! They are supposed to be blue like all of my carpentry tools!!!!

Agreed but did you see the Maruyama in reverse Dolmar colors at the posted Amazon link for $329!!!?

I just been noticing that the last couple of weeks. I kinda thought maybe the red was just left over stock being utilized. Who knows. I do like the blue better. Lol

It's not a red makita it is a dolmar,
Makita is buying saws from dolmar to market as there own. Makita has nothing to do with the manufacturing of the saws they are dolmars

So if anything it's why are are there blue dolmars?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Makita is buying saws from dolmar to market as there own. Makita has nothing to do with the manufacturing of the saws they are dolmars

I'm pretty sure Makita bought Dolmar in 91 if the article I read is correct and has decided to phase the blue color out except in other types of lawn equipment. Unless I'm wrong Dolmar only lives on in name through Makita. Anyone else feel free to chip in if they have better info. Actually most of the orange saws I've been seeing say Makita on them so possibly Dolmar name is coming to an end?

The new saws are red Makitas.

Back