New Makita

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5105's if the advertised hp and rpm' are correct.

Playing devil's advocate, I see rpm quoted on Amazon and the Maruyama website, but I see hp quoted on neither, and the 510 also has max power at the MCV51-listed 13,800 rpm. Have you seen hp listed somewhere that I have not? It would be good to be certain.

Playing devil's advocate, I see rpm quoted on Amazon and the Maruyama website, but I see hp quoted on neither, and the 510 also has max power at the MCV51-listed 13,800 rpm. Have you seen hp listed somewhere that I have not? It would be good to be certain.
Pretty sure I did. I'll see if I can find it again.

I may be wrong. I made my assumption based off rpm and net weight. I see rpm looks the same on both 5105 and 510 but the maruyamas net weight is advertised as 11.? and the advertised net weight of the 510 is 12+ pounds. I'd have to dig deeper before I bought.

I may be wrong. I made my assumption based off rpm and net weight. I see rpm looks the same on both 5105 and 510 but the maruyamas net weight is advertised as 11.? and the advertised net weight of the 510 is 12+ pounds. I'd have to dig deeper before I bought.

I, like you, suspect it is equivalent to the 5105, but without a hp rating couldn't be sure. I also see the weight listed as 11.2 pounds, versus 11.9 for the 5105 and I believe 12.3 for the similar Makita EA5000. Lighter for a good reason? Lighter because they deleted something you wish they hadn't? Misprint as a result of the communication with Dolmar back and forth to the home office in Japan? If it's a 5105 in drag it looks like a great deal. But is it? I'm not certain.

Agreed. I definitely would have to talk to someone to confirm that it is in fact the 5105 before I pull the trigger. Based off the weight it appears to be but deceptive advertising could get ya fleeced in a hurry.

I tossed out the "I understand this is built by Dolmar, but is it essentially equivalent to a 510 or a 5105?" question to Maruyama last night on both Amazon (where they've been answering questions) and their own website. No feedback yet but will post what they say if/when they respond.

A key difference is a significant amount of power.

Key similarities are appearance, engine size and max engine RPM.

Maruyama quotes cc and max RPM but not hp on its website, so with all due respect until I see or hear something more definitive than "it's in a thread somewhere" I remain uncertain.

A key difference is a significant amount of power.

Key similarities are appearance, engine size and max engine RPM.

Maruyama quotes cc and max RPM but not hp on its website, so with all due respect until I see or hear something more definitive than "it's in a thread somewhere" I remain uncertain.
I agree with remaining uncertain .
In the mean time anybody able room loan me 230 bucks. I am short on a unrelated purchase all I have is $100.

I agree with remaining uncertain .
In the mean time anybody able room loan me 230 bucks. I am short on a unrelated purchase all I have is $100.
You got any of those pretty bars with the white polka dots for a small husky mount at a good price? Might be able to help you out. ;)

For some reason I thought you had recently become a Dolmar dealer. Is that correct or do I have my wires crossed?
Wires crossed. I became a Husqvarna dealer . just got a 562xpg in this week. as well as some 555's and 545's lol I have to sell them though:(

Back