Non-E10 questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well what sort of crap do they put in non-E10 these days?

Finally have some local, and remembered MBTE and other such crap they used before then.

I'll run the non-E10 in my tractors and such, but am sticking with 100LL in all my two-strokes until I find out more

Unless you are in one of the 13 states that don't require alcohol content labeling then there should be nothing other than gasoline, detergents and anti knock additives the seller puts in it. MTBE is mostly gone as most if not all states have banned it due to water polution issues. There might be some gas out there that has methanol added to it.

It would be hard to say whay may or may not be in your gasoline at any given time.

I can still buy regular non-ethanol fuel a few miles from me. I use it in my chainsaws, blowers, and weedeaters. I put ethanol in my Lawn Boys because they go through it pretty fast. Regular gas here is about 50 cents to a dollar higher than ethanol but I feel that it's worth it..

I can still buy regular non-ethanol fuel a few miles from me. I use it in my chainsaws, blowers, and weedeaters. I put ethanol in my Lawn Boys because they go through it pretty fast. Regular gas here is about 50 cents to a dollar higher than ethanol but I feel that it's worth it..

Price is same here as regular 91 octane premium . Just wondering how it will hold up vs AV gas that seems to last forever. I went through the whole fleet of equipment last year due to E-10 snot in the fuel systems, many hours and dollars spent. Thank God I work on my own or I'd be broke.

I generally try to drain the gas out of my equipment if I'm not going to use it for a while. Some of my chainsaws sit for 6 months or so at a time so I don't put any fuel or oil in them until I use them and drain them when I'm done. Kinda hard to drain the Lawn Boy mowers so I leave it in them till winter. I work on my own stuff also, couldn't afford to hire anyone..

I have a Honda mower, two McLane edgers, a Redmax trimmer, Echo blower, Stihl hedge trimmer and three Stihl saws. The only unit I have had Ethanol issues with is the Honda. I have put four new carbs on it and cleaned three of them. I get two or three mowings and the carb craps out. Honda only has a thirty day warranty on carbs due to Ethanol.

I never had any issues with my Honda mower until it started getting some age on it and I suspect it might have been the carb. I traded it in on a new Snapper mower and wife complained that it was too hard to push so I traded it in for a couple of used high end saws and built my wife a Lawn Boy out of parts I had. She is really ecstatic about the light weight of the LB. She should try the Lawn Boy I use in the back yard, made of magnesium, super light..

I never had any issues with my Honda mower until it started getting some age on it and I suspect it might have been the carb. I traded it in on a new Snapper mower and wife complained that it was too hard to push so I traded it in for a couple of used high end saws and built my wife a Lawn Boy out of parts I had. She is really ecstatic about the light weight of the LB. She should try the Lawn Boy I use in the back yard, made of magnesium, super light..
I had two of the old Snapper alloy deck mowers with Briggs commercial engines. In 2003 I sold them and bought a new Snapper. Engine was good, but the steel frame was a POS. I sold it when I bought my Honda in 2009. Should have kept the old Snappers, best mower I have ever had.

Back