What E10 is good for!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in the day of tailpipe sniffers in communist MA during the annual inspection, I used to dump 4 bottles of Cristy Drygas (Back when MA still had some industry left, instead of the new "welfare industry" where we import the 3rd world to live for free on our dime) to pass emissions on my worn out, out-of-tune heaps. Used to pass with flying colors EVERY time.

One time I decided to go before adding the stuff to the tank, just to see what would happen. Limit was 220 PPM of hydrocarbons (Unburnt fuel). I was 2,100+!! Guy couldn't even cheat it after I slid him $50 - said it was WAY too far gone to get it to pass. Told him I'd be back later. He said, "There's nothing you're gonna do in a day to make this pass". OK! Challenge accepted! :surprised3: On a half tank of fuel, I dumped those 4 bottles in (12oz. each, isopropanol), then drove back to the station about 10 miles away in 1st gear, so that cat was glowing. Was sub-200 PPM on that test! The guy was beside himself! "What the hell did you do??" I replied, "I fixed it". 😁

Was set for another year until the 2004R transmission let go. Only had 1st gear after that. I still have a pic of the ol' girl. She was a beaut!! 🤣

'85 Monte.jpeg

It's still genetic modification.. just the methods are different.

It was grown with lots of herbicides that were worse than Roundup.
While I don't grow E-Corn, my good friend down the road does (He owns and operates a large corn and soybean seed operation) and all hybrid see for planting is pre coated with pre-emergence herbicide (Monsanto), which gets a royalty for the seed grown and sold. The only detrimental thing that Roundup does is it manifests itself in the soil structure after repeated use and will invasive species will develop a tolerance to it, which is why you rotate herbicides-pesticides.

My primary 'crop' is alfalfa hay, has been for years for dairy cattle feed and I also provide high energy forage hay for a couple outfits that raise bucking bulls. Been selling to the same customers for years now and believe me, I treat my hayfields to prevent invasive weeds regularly (24-D (B)) is what I use plus they get fertilized with either Urea clay coated prill's or 28 liquid urea.

Most everything you consume today that was made from corn, wheat or soybeans was at sometime treated with herbicides or pesticides, like it or not and don't buy into the non GMO or pesticide free BS that end producers of foodstuffs claim because it's not true. For the most part they really have no idea where their materials to make their products really come from and they don't care actually. They label their end products as 'naturally made' but in reality, the raw materials probably aren't.

Back in the day of tailpipe sniffers in communist MA during the annual inspection, I used to dump 4 bottles of Cristy Drygas (Back when MA still had some industry left, instead of the new "welfare industry" where we import the 3rd world to live for free on our dime) to pass emissions on my worn out, out-of-tune heaps. Used to pass with flying colors EVERY time.

One time I decided to go before adding the stuff to the tank, just to see what would happen. Limit was 220 PPM of hydrocarbons (Unburnt fuel). I was 2,100+!! Guy couldn't even cheat it after I slid him $50 - said it was WAY too far gone to get it to pass. Told him I'd be back later. He said, "There's nothing you're gonna do in a day to make this pass". OK! Challenge accepted! :surprised3: On a half tank of fuel, I dumped those 4 bottles in (12oz. each, isopropanol), then drove back to the station about 10 miles away in 1st gear, so that cat was glowing. Was sub-200 PPM on that test! The guy was beside himself! "What the hell did you do??" I replied, "I fixed it". 😁

Was set for another year until the 2004R transmission let go. Only had 1st gear after that. I still have a pic of the ol' girl. She was a beaut!! 🤣

View attachment 1098900
Ghetto blaster.. Slap on some wooden beam bumpers and go cruising....

It's still genetic modification.. just the methods are different.

It was grown with lots of herbicides that were worse than Roundup.
Splicing in genes that are not even found in the same species of plant, is quite differnt than breeding plants like Gregor Mendel.

Corn was developed by the Indians in Central America by selective breeding of native plants.

Have you ever done any gardening and saved seeds? Or know how to? What plants will cross pollinate easily, a nd preventing that for those that will to obtain true seed.

Pollen from GMO corn will travel with the wind and contaminate corn quite a ways away, making that corn GMO hybrids.

View attachment 1098900

1 inspection.png

Splicing in genes that are not even found in the same species of plant, is quite differnt than breeding plants like Gregor Mendel.

Corn was developed by the Indians in Central America by selective breeding of native plants.

Have you ever done any gardening and saved seeds? Or know how to? What plants will cross pollinate easily, a nd preventing that for those that will to obtain true seed.

Pollen from GMO corn will travel with the wind and contaminate corn quite a ways away, making that corn GMO hybrids.
I was going to bring that last paragraph up. There are almost no totally non GMO plants left.

While I don't grow E-Corn, my good friend down the road does (He owns and operates a large corn and soybean seed operation) and all hybrid see for planting is pre coated with pre-emergence herbicide (Monsanto), which gets a royalty for the seed grown and sold. The only detrimental thing that Roundup does is it manifests itself in the soil structure after repeated use and will invasive species will develop a tolerance to it, which is why you rotate herbicides-pesticides.

My primary 'crop' is alfalfa hay, has been for years for dairy cattle feed and I also provide high energy forage hay for a couple outfits that raise bucking bulls. Been selling to the same customers for years now and believe me, I treat my hayfields to prevent invasive weeds regularly (24-D (B)) is what I use plus they get fertilized with either Urea clay coated prill's or 28 liquid urea.

Most everything you consume today that was made from corn, wheat or soybeans was at sometime treated with herbicides or pesticides, like it or not and don't buy into the non GMO or pesticide free BS that end producers of foodstuffs claim because it's not true. For the most part they really have no idea where their materials to make their products really come from and they don't care actually. They label their end products as 'naturally made' but in reality, the raw materials probably aren't.
This!

Heirloom corn is grown in my area Hickory cane and bantam The farm i work at only feeds non gmo corn silage and grass to cattle.
You can support ethanol but i don't plus there is better crops to make ethanol like sugar cane.
You are a very distinct minority then... In reality corn is an excellent source of ingredients to distill into corn liquor. Problem is, American farmers don't use the proper method to harvest it. Combining cobs leaves the bulk of the sugar producing plant behind in the field as it's the stalk and leaves that produce the bulk of the sugars, not the corn kernels. Europeans realized that long ago and that is why they green chop the ENTIRE plant and send it to the distiller. Real simple and I don't raise Hybrid alfalfa either, I grow only Vernal alfalfa, fyi.

You are a very distinct minority then... In reality corn is an excellent source of ingredients to distill into corn liquor. Problem is, American farmers don't use the proper method to harvest it. Combining cobs leaves the bulk of the sugar producing plant behind in the field as it's the stalk and leaves that produce the bulk of the sugars, not the corn kernels. Europeans realized that long ago and that is why they green chop the ENTIRE plant and send it to the distiller. Real simple and I don't raise Hybrid alfalfa either, I grow only Vernal alfalfa, fyi.
I use apples to make cider, 22% abv. Easier than beer 1 fine cider.JPG

The stalks and leaves often get bailed and sent to feed lots. At least they do out here. So all is not lost. Also the left over mash gets sold to feedlots as well.
It's still a huge scam that funnels money to Cargill, ADM and other big corporations.

I grow my own all heirloom/non-hybrid/open pollinated vegetables for years now.

Save the seeds that are not a PITA to keep from crossing.

F Big Agriculture

I've been a lifetime member in the Seed Savers Exchange since 1982 and save quite a few varieties. I used to offer them up on the SSE world wide exchange but I was getting used as a seed company and it took time. I sent out around 200 packets one year and went back to see if they were re-offered by anyone and only 1 person was re-offering. I would list as Limited Quantity which meant only members already offering seed on the exchange could ask me for seed. At one time I was offering 15 different heirloom tomatoes and eight kinds of beans.

Latest posts

Back