What E10 is good for!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A little off topic of chainsaws......

I only run non-E10 in all my equipment.

Was cutting the lawn with an older Ford LGT 145 (14 HP Kohler K321). It started to surge and stumble. It's rainy and humid here now for ~2 months.

Didn't have any dry gas on hand. I priced dry gas online, and cheapest place was ORielly's, @$2.79 for cheap stuff (methanol 12oz) and $3.29 for the good stuff (isopropanol 12oz).

Instead I bought 2-gal of cheap E10 87. Added a gallon to the tractor and it cleaned up almost immediately. Then I ran tank nearly dry before adding more non-E10 91.

So for same price as dry gas, I got almost a gallon a fuel besides.

My dad used to buy dry gas and add it to E10 in his car. Always made me chuckle.

Kids now will never know the joy of driving home after the bars close at 2 AM Fri/Sat night, when it's below 0 oF, and the car/truck just dies. Then you were hoping you had warm clothes with you......

I remember dry gas being ~ $0.50/can. Yes in a metal can......Everyone who was wise added 2-3 cans when a cold snap was coming.

E10 is pretty good for cleaning off your work bench..
It is also good for.....

1. Supporting hard working farmers.
2. Providing good paying US jobs
3. Providing a renewable fuel source that can be GROWN IN THE USA
4.. Keeping our great country out of foreign wars to fight for oil
5. SAVING LIVES!!!!! from unneeded wars.

By all means carry on

Fuel bug is going around from all of the rain and humidity here...I simply add a cup per gallon of 97% iso rubbing alcohol and mix using more gas instead of leaving to get "dry gas".

With all the starving people in the world we certainly don't need to turn our corn into ethanol. The farmers can sell all the corn they can grow without turning it into fuel.
We have enough oil in the US to last for years if politicians would leave the oil industry alone..
And very inefficient fuel at that…

With all the starving people in the world we certainly don't need to turn our corn into ethanol. The farmers can sell all the corn they can grow without turning it into fuel.
We have enough oil in the US to last for years if politicians would leave the oil industry alone..
When was the last rime a starving person ate a bowl of corn?

When was the last time you heard of a ANY person starving because US corn was used to make ethanol.

Let's hear it

When was the last rime a starving person ate a bowl of corn?

When was the last time you heard of a ANY person starving because US corn was used to make ethanol.

Let's hear it
Wow, I guess you missed it. Mexico has been in trouble for years once we allocated more corn for fuel than food. Geeze, this is ancient history, Bill.

Unfortunately most US corn grown is GM corn. It's in much of the food supply for various reasons, corn starch, high fructose corn syrup, ........it's slathered with herbicides.
Unfortunately the vast majority of folks have no clue about what corn is used for and believe some liberal media person to tell them.

I am looking for a real life example not a liberal egg head government taxpayer paid for study.

I never figured you to be the type of man to buy into the liberal MSM crap. Hell lets just all drive a PRIUS eat seaweed, and let the fertile fields grow up in brush.

Back