Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've a 650, 700 and one other big old pioneer (not sure of model) free to a good home. The kicker is, the last saws (PM's) I sent up your way cost about US$180 each to send. Haven't tried running them, doubt if they run. I figure it's probably not worth anyone's while and have left a message with a local fellow I know who has a 700 and may want a parts saw if this one here doesn't actually run, but will just run these saws up the flagpole and see if anyone here is keen. If the courier costs don't put you off, I'll get pics.

Looking for reviews on this replacement sealed bearing for a P51 Pioneer. l have not used these before and would like to hear any feedback if possible.

Thx

Attachments

• NTN Bearing _001.JPG
    NTN Bearing _001.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 30
Looking for reviews on this replacement sealed bearing for a P51 Pioneer. l have not used these before and would like to hear any feedback if possible.

Thx
I have found the NTN bearings to be of the lowest quality of bearings, especially the ones with nylon/plastic ball spacers. The Niachi, Timken,Fag and Chicago Rawhide bearings have never failed on me

I'm a salesman... and work on commission... the brand I sell no matter how good or bad is what puts food on my table...
You asked for an opinion and got an answer from one of the most respected, knowledgeable people on this site... Using one of the brands he suggested will benefit him in no way!
My 2¢.

I need some assistance with identification of a old pioneer. I looked as much as I could, but I can't figure out what model this thing is.
The bore is 46mm, automatic oiler only, no manual oiler. It has a walbro carb and not a tillston.
If there is anything else to help with the id, I'll answer the best I can.
It is very similar to my P20. But the recoil is slightly different. 1485214112434229851859.jpg 1485214161193-1471203117.jpg 148521420580879213222.jpg 1485214263164-908932462.jpg

I need some assistance with identification of a old pioneer. I looked as much as I could, but I can't figure out what model this thing is.
The bore is 46mm, automatic oiler only, no manual oiler. It has a walbro carb and not a tillston.
If there is anything else to help with the id, I'll answer the best I can.
It is very similar to my P20. But the recoil is slightly different. View attachment 553401 View attachment 553402 View attachment 553403 View attachment 553404

P26 -P25

I thought so. After looking at all the specs, I'm thinking about pulling the cylinder back off and measuring again.

Figuring on there being some stuff in there that you would like Pete. Fellow is getting rid of his Pop's estate up in K-town. Was a dealer in Sayward waaay back in the day. Hoping he might find some machines to go along with the minty manuals. I will pay him a visit soon.

Calander is from 1959. It was never hung on the wall in the dealership. Probably time for it to hang now.

Has anyone had any luck making an air filter for a P28 or similar? I need a couple of them. Any pictures on a homemade one I'd be grateful.
I have been in search of an air filter for a P28. So today I purchased a few boxes full if NOS pioneer parts. Low and behold, there are two of them in the box. What a deal
Now I need to go through everything to see what I don't need.....
I still can't believe I have two oem filters now.

Back